Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

Leo why don’t you respect lawyers?

10 posts in this topic

What about like environmental lawmakers who take logging companies to court? 

Lawyers are important. It's just that they can be loose with the truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lawyers are morally neutral. People need legal representation, and the law stands open to all. In most Western countries, this applies in theory. 

All professions have negative facets or unscrupulous people.

On 26/12/2023 at 4:26 AM, Hojo said:

@bebotalk they can withhold facts thats not truth or morally neutral.

Yes, and all professions have bad actors and components. And? I had already stated as such. 

Edited by bebotalk

@bebotalk if your a defense lawyer and you know your client did it its your job to lie and make him seem innocent.

Edited by Hojo

16 hours ago, Hojo said:

@bebotalk if your a defense lawyer and you know your client did it its your job to lie and make him seem innocent.

All citizens have rights. This includes criminals. 

Unless one is Hitler, I don't see why that's offensive. 

Perhaps people who think criminals don't warrant defence are like that. that's on them. 

The point of a court is to determine innocence or guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So what are laywers going to do? not listen to evidence, or the ruling of a judge and/or jury? 

It's not the job of a lawyer to make a client with overwhelming evidence be innocent. It's to mititage any punishment. Even still, that's the defendant's right, per the legal systems of many countries. People have rights. If that's offensive to you, then maybe study how law in the USA and similar systems operates. 

So being a lawyer is morally neutral, since there is nothing inherently bad in being such. Lawyers provide services ranging from asylum cases, stamping official state forms/documents, defending/prosecuting criminals, being legal advisors to firms, etc. Law is morally neutral. Some laws are good and some are bad, and others are irrational. 

But since criminals don't warrant criminal defences, and there are firm guidelines that lawyers defending those suspecting with crimes against misleading courts, then yes, all lawyers are scum. Including the lawyer who stamped my passport renewal form, since leaving a country and entering another with the permission of a foreign government is evil and morally base. 

Fundamentally the problem with most lawyers is that they lack integrity. They have all these ethical standards and rules at the bar, yet in private dealings with clients that stuff flies out the window. I'm currently going thru a legal process and two law firms I've dealt with so far had zero qualms knowingly accepting doctored photos/documents I presented as evidence. It's sort of like the priests that preach "pray the gay away" during the day and then have sex with men in the nightclub toilet. The issue is not in the actions but in the discrepancy between outward appearance and actual reality. 

So if high school teachers fuck students, does this make all teaching bad or lacking too? 

There are bad actors in every profession. And yes, the law imho at least is morally neutral. it's on individual lawyers if they openly flout their practcing ethics.