TheEnigma

Is my friend being scammed?

32 posts in this topic

@Princess Arabia Yeah, but it's sad. He really wants a real connection. Instead pays for a fantasy.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Yeah, but it's sad. He really wants a real connection. Instead pays for a fantasy.

You dont know that. Don't be too quick to assume what you think people want. Did he tell you personally that he wants a real connection? 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

@Princess Arabia Post said he tried but got rejected a bunch. 

I’d say, I don’t know for sure but it’s likely most humans want a real connection. 

Loooking for loooove

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Post said he tried but got rejected a bunch. 

I’d say, I don’t know for sure but it’s likely most humans want a real connection. 

Loooking for loooove

Yeah, but his real connection could be just that, not a real connection. The mind is very sophisticated and will fool us into thinking we want something when we really don't. It's all subconscious programming. Notice how a lot of humans run away when the love gets a bit much. I need space they say or he/she crowds me etc...so sometimes we really don't want what we say we want.

Edited by Princess Arabia

@Princess Arabia Well, I guess we’ll never know 

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, but his real connection could be just that, not a real connection. The mind is very sophisticated and will fool us into thinking we want something when we really don't. It's all subconscious programming. Notice how a lot of humans run away when the love gets a bit much. I need space they say or he/she crowds me etc...so sometimes we really don't want what we say we want.

No, he deep down never likes being taken advantage of. That i can tell you. As soon as he found out he was being scammed, he moved on, telling a past scammer "sorry but you are scamming me. But thank you for the relationship and good memories. But I have to move on." If he knew there was absolutely no chance he'd move on. I know him too well. But for now he's fooled his mind into believing there is love. But is there? And what constitutes as being taken advantage of verses real love? 

Edited by TheEnigma

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Well, I guess we’ll never know 

No, he deep down never likes being taken advantage of. That i can tell you. As soon as he found out he was being scammed, he moved on, telling a past scammer "sorry but you are scamming me. But thank you for the relationship and good memories. But I have to move on." If he knew there was absolutely no chance he'd move on. I know him too well. But for now he's fooled his mind into believing there is love. But is there? And what constitutes as being taken advantage of verses real love? 

Edited by TheEnigma

@TheEnigma

Maybe we don’t deserve love

Real love is loving for no reason, it doesn’t need anything from you. Real love is selfless, caring, pure, beautiful. 

In human relationships we can only really get a finite amount of this love. 

I wish your friend the best, maybe he should instead buy a dating coach for older men. Far better use of his money then these disgusting scammers asking for Ubers.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Let him be, some people don't change, theres no advice you can give him besides asking him clarifying questions 

On 12/17/2023 at 0:16 AM, Bando said:

Let him be, some people don't change, theres no advice you can give him besides asking him clarifying questions 

Yeah it's hard. I already told him I highly suspect he's just being used for his money. I'm torn because sometimes I want to say stuff to protect him, but I also have to hold back. It's a tough balance to find! And it just goes on and on and on and as long as the women give him any hope he just hangs on and on and on. 

Raise your intuition and scams become a thing of the past.

The past is not set in stone.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 hours ago, TheEnigma said:

Yeah it's hard. I already told him I highly suspect he's just being used for his money. I'm torn because sometimes I want to say stuff to protect him, but I also have to hold back. It's a tough balance to find! And it just goes on and on and on and as long as the women give him any hope he just hangs on and on and on. 

There's nothing to protect. Let go of your stories and ideas about what you think is happening. Just allow things to unfold. You're just driving yourself crazy in the process of life unfolding.