Thought Art

Are We The Loneliest Generation?

21 posts in this topic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

26 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Arguably in terms of socialization, yes. Digitally? No, it's a case of humans slower in development in comparison to technological advancements.

@Danioover9000 I don’t think technology really solves the loneliness issue. 

This forum for example does nothing for my loneliness.

Even, though I’ve been enjoying using apps like Pace and Meetup.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

30 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 I don’t think technology really solves the loneliness issue. 

This forum for example does nothing for my loneliness.

Even, though I’ve been enjoying using apps like Pace and Meetup.

I partly agree technology may not really solve loneliness deeply, but at least short term solutions like Pace and Meetup, maybe Tinder or other social media apps can remedy a little bit.

However, I'm an odd ball in that loneliness is where I thrive and not so much socializing with people as much.

funny today i also thought about making a topic called 

„how can we solve the loneliness epidemic?“

@PurpleTree Do it!

◭"89"

How do people feel? Are they lonely? Do they have close friends?

◭"89"

@UnbornTao Still, I think people not having friends and relationships is proving to be damaging to society. 

◭"89"

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@UnbornTao Still, I think people not having friends and relationships is proving to be damaging to society. 

Yea because we distract ourselves all the time usually when alone.

@PurpleTree nvm!

◭"89"

Thats because you are all there is. "Others" are also you. Talk to yourself and give it a name. Have a relationship with it. That might help your lonely feeling.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

@PurpleTree

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

funny today i also thought about making a topic called 

„how can we solve the loneliness epidemic?“

What is that but synchronicity?

@Princess Arabia I think people need connection. 

We need more leaders holding spaces for people to network and meet people at local levels all over the world. We need committed leaders creating healthy social containers. We need people willing to work to shift culture over the next 100 years.

Solving the loneliness epidemic, the touch epidemic, the love epidemic, the trust epidemic will take a long time. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

30 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia I think people need connection. 

We need more leaders holding spaces for people to network and meet people at local levels all over the world. We need committed leaders creating healthy social containers. We need people willing to work to shift culture over the next 100 years.

Solving the loneliness epidemic, the touch epidemic, the love epidemic, the trust epidemic will take a long time. 

Have you noticed we can create problems out of thin air. Have you noticed since the day you were born there's been nothing but perceived problems. Have you noticed that before we had technology, and we saw the need for technology, after technology, there are problems with technology. We don't and can't have a loneliness problem with billions of people in the world. 

Saying what the world needs isn't saying there is a problem yet it is saying that. You can look at it either way. Your choice.

Loneliness doesn't have a problem with itself. Loneliness is not an epidemic. Loneliness is loneliness why make it a problem. You want to become "unlonely", go talk to somebody: If that doesn't work, then it might be you who is the problem not loneliness.

Edited by Princess Arabia

people used to go to places like church for community that‘s not really a thing now anymore in many european countries

the internet is splitting people up even more.

families are getting small

like mine for example it was only me and my mother most of the time and like two cousins, those christmases suck b

many people are lonely

there should be some kind of efforts to form more communities but people also become anti social

@Princess Arabia Say that to the lonely people

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia Say that to the lonely people

I understand your view and point. I do. What I'm really saying is people will bask in their feelings of loneliness. They will make love to it. I've felt lonely. We all have at some point. When you learn how to combat these feelings they don't control you anymore. Some feelings are harder than some to overcome depending on the person and the circumstances and how strong of an image it carries and how intense the snapshot is that we associate these feelings and memories with. Loneliness arises from within and no amount of outside force or circumstance can "cure" that. It is an inside job. 

This is why people can be amongst people and still feel lonely and people who are alone can feel the opposite. It is not a problem. We have made it into a problem just like everything else the mind can conjure up because that's part of it's job. To solve problems, so it keeps on looking for problems to solve.

We have neglected ourselves. We have looked to the outside for medications to heal our internal wounds long enough. There is not a loneliness problem, we have a "I have neglected myself" problem. The self is seeking our attention and we are looking outside where things are just appearing from within the Self and paying more attention to what's arising rather than what those things are arising out of. The true Self doesn't feel lonely. Loneliness is just appearing out of the true Self, thoughts are arising from the true Self. We attach to these sensations and call them our own and now we say I AM lonely. You are not lonely. Loneliness is just an appearance which can dissolve if not given your attention and focus because you are the light of Awareness and whatever you shine that light on it grows and expands. 

23 hours ago, Thought Art said:

It may be true that we're lonelier than ever but I think this loneliness stuff is more profound than we make it out to be.

I wouldn't blame conditions on newly invented causes. Coming up with novel "crises" seems to be popular as of late. This is done to offload personal responsibility, waiting around for someone else to resolve it for you. Turning it into a "social" cause, putting your sight outside of yourself. It is a distraction. And those crisis aren't "real."

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao Video lays out some pretty Interesting systemic rational. 

There are very real economic, cultural, geographical and economic reasons for the rise in loneliness.

◭"89"