Marks199

I Am Still Suffering From Generalized Anxiety Need Some Advices

12 posts in this topic

Can I suffer from generalized anxiety and have a girlfriend? Should I keep on living this misery of life? I do so many activities against the anxiety but I don't know maybe the bed is the problem can it be?

Maybe you're an introvert trying to live as an extrovert.

If you don't know about that, of course your life feels miserable, it cannot be otherwise.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

In my experience , anxiety comes from something that may contradict my self image, or something that is in the future that I may fear may come with negative consequences.

Maybe cut down on your activities. Spend more time alone and get recharged before you go out, especially if you're an introvert (This is a must). Wake up an hour earlier before your usual wake up time and meditate for 20-40mins to recharge and find some clarity for the challenges toward the day. 

Well, I came to Croatia from Colombia when I was 6 years old. Now I am 21 and I had to suffer a lot of humiliation during my early teenage age my father used to tell me: "you are worthless, you will never be a man, I have never seen such a useless person like you" and etc. Then I find out that my brother that punched me in the face three years ago was a drug dealer and he used to put pills in tourist girls drinks. He punched me because we had a fight he can be described as an neoliberal conservative guy he even likes masons and the new world order. My sister never listens to me and my other older brother even less. My uncle got me fired las year and I have lost like 1200 euros for my student costs and bills that I have to pay(because in Europe we study one part of the year and then we work). And whenever I tell my family about my problems they never want to listen. They always respond: "No one has to help you fix your life by yourself". Sometimes I really fell alone and with no hope. I play chess, speak five languages love to study whatever type of objects. But the biggest problem is the stress I have with them and them trying to destroy me. My father also try sometimes to cut me of the light so I can't study and even the hot water so I can´t take a bath. I start talking about this and they never but never listen to me. I practically had to pay the bills of everyone I meditate and try to sleep as much as I can. Once I felt so alone and in that family madness I took my clothes off in front of a camera in the chat room and I was filmed. That's something that worries me a bit for the future. Once my dad threatened me that he would kill my dog, my mother used me to tell my father lies so I could get more money from him. A pure family madness.

Get out of that mess and live on your own, your environnement is the biggest issue here.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Marks199 Sounds like you're in a tough one. If I were you my #1 priority would be to get a job, save some money, and move out even if you have to share a room with someone. 

Meanwhile understand that you can't change your family, but you can change how you feel/think about them. This is all about you here. Don't point outside even if thats how it naturally feels. Got to really bolster up and take responsibility here. Be emotionally strong (this is where meditation can come in) and don't be so sucked into the storm you have in your home. You can use it as a tool or a lesson to be learned. 

Be strong and believe in yourself. 

Ok, thanks I will watch it tomorrow maybe.

@Marks199 You seem like a damn strong guy. Your family is a mess, and you are trying to rais your consciousness with great forces pulling you down. Get at safe distance if possible, and work towards independence. I also recomend writing about you anxiety, get to know the details better, general anxiety is often not so general.

Your mother seems alright, no need to abandon her or the rest of your family. Just get at safe distance, and dont expect to be respected.

An unsupportive family is tough, and you have the character to speak up. Kudos!

@Marks199 i've done a small research for you. i found these links for you.

https://www.bookyogaretreats.com/all/c/yoga-meditation-retreats/d/europe/croatia/dubrovnik
https://www.artofliving.org/hr-en/node/257570
http://www.meditacija.hr/web/dubrovnik

find a group where you can practice meditation and spend time with healthy people (or people who are in the journey to get healthier). your liberation should be your top goal.

unborn Truth

Thank you so much, I will do those type of things. Just I need some extra money but I will figure it out how to come out from that problem, I always do.