Jowblob

Color blindness and psychedelics

6 posts in this topic

So i'm green colorblind and have deuteranopia, i remember taking like 200-300ug of lsd p1 and doing the color blind test. The results were the same, i still failed it. 

Even though i saw new colors, and everything in a much sharper/clear way i still was color blind.

Do we have any colorblind people that can test this on higher dosages?

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Were the tests developed by people who are also colorblind? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You saw new colors? Those colors wouldn't necessarily exist on the test then.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Were the tests developed by people who are also colorblind? 

Probably not, here's a reverse color blind test. I can see 'NO' in mostly red letters in the picture but you won't see anything.

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

You saw new colors? Those colors wouldn't necessarily exist on the test then.

Yeah i saw objects materialize in more heavenly/alive colors i haven't seen before.

Screenshot_20231208_063119_Chrome.jpg

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

The link between consciousness and body feels tricky. I see qualia as our mind's interpretation of our senses, drives and emergent behavior. Your brain rewires itself to reinterpret the world and your consciousness perceives that altered mode of being.

You still can't distinguish certain colors because you lack a functional color cone to feed you the sensory information that creates that distinction. But your brain works overtime to reinterpret your limited perception with its intrinsic associations through imagination and interpretation.

Whether you can overdose on psychedelics to do some astral projection and then witness the world from another person's body before returning the consciousness to your own. Or imagine the distinction through an act of creation and reality construction. If it would affect the fabric of the simulation of physical reality and be possible, or egoic and disruptive, I really have no clue. Though people claim to do that on psychedelics all the time...

Edited by Keryo Koffa
grammar

Ask a person without eyes if they can see the door in front of them on acid.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.