Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdrianBartan

Opinion on Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about this book., and also to open a discussion about the content.

If you do not know what it is about I encourage you to have a look at the following link:

For me, this has been very insightful, as well as the other books from the author.

I can go into more detail if there is someone interested in a discussion about it. 

Thank you,

Adrian

@AdrianBartan its one of the greatest book on social skills

Must read

Highly recommend it

Alomg with 48 laws of power and 33 strategies of war

Incredible book not for only seeing harsh truths about human nature, but how to overcome and use your own dark side. 

It’s an enjoyable read full of Fascinating short stories, and delicious psychological and personal development theory and applications. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The book is based on common sense. It's mainly useful for teenagers and young adults to know more about human nature before stepping into the workforce.

Most of the teachings are basic common sense (Be rational yet be balance in your approach, you can't get rid of the emotional aspects completely, see through people's masks, be empathetic, beware of your compulsions...yada yada)

And the author repeats himself over and over again to appear more persuasive but ultimately there is not much retention value. You probably cannot even recite seven favourite phrases or ideas from the book 3 years after reading it.

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga Well, there is some very useful things I think for people of all ages. I think, the examples in the book show that as well. People of all ages falling into those traps.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yeah it's still a good book. I would prefer his other books though eg 48 laws of power or Mastery.

It's great.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you all for your replies, 

There is a point in the book regarding the determining factor of someone's fate, which is his/her character. 

Also the incapabilities of someone to change their character. If someone does something once, they will do it again.

I want to add another lens to this analysis and ask a question.

Is it possible by spiritual practice to change one`s character to the core?  For this rule in the book to be broken? 

Is it possible by suffering, for example: Les Miserable, for someone to change their character? (someone is a thief and imprisoned very harshly, the perfect victim, but follows a process of suffering and self-reflection and he is no longer a thief).

Edited by AdrianBartan