MrTelepath

Can I Use Molly To Improve Socializing And Connecting With Women?

32 posts in this topic

@flowboy Thanks for replying. I’ll check out the video!

I’m not an expert by any means but haven’t there been people who’ve been able to treat problems and recover from them through this route?

56 minutes ago, Shrooms_Alvarez said:

I’m not an expert by any means but haven’t there been people who’ve been able to treat problems and recover from them through this route?

Yes, and perhaps you could say I am one of them.

Having done many trauma release sessions both with and without LSD, I can say that:

• Even though psychedelics can make it easy to access the deeper layers of trauma and unfelt pain,
  • This is in fact very dangerous, because there's a safety mechanism that gets overridden
  • When this safety mechanism is overridden, your trauma based pain can start leaking out and is not guaranteed to stop
  • When it starts leaking, people can start having panic attacks, anxiety, depression and psychosis which they didn't have before. This is very serious and happens a lot, and can be permanent or take a long time to recover from. It happened to people very close to me, and to people on this forum whom I helped with self-therapy and whom I advised to not use psychedelics for it. It also happened to people who are clients right now, even though I keep saying to not combine trauma healing with psychedelics.
  • Everything that psychedelics allow can be done sober when you practice correct technique, therefore, using psychedelics to heal trauma is like trying to cross a river and deciding to pick the closest bridge, which is guarded by a guy who makes you play Russian Roulette before you can cross, but you choose this option because the next bridge is a 30 minute walk.
Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy This reminds of something Carl Jung once said in a letter (he wrote it to a man named Victor White) regarding Aldous Huxley and his take on Psychedelics. In the case of using them for trauma I think it applies. 

C.G. Jung Letter To Victor White

‘Is the LSD drug you're referring to mescaline? It has indeed very curious effects, of which I know far too little. I don't know either what it's psychotherapeutic value with neurotic or psychotic patients is. I only know there is no point in wishing to know more of the collective unconscious than one gets through dreams and intuition.

The more you know of it, the greater and heavier becomes your moral burden, because the unconscious contents transform themselves into your individual tasks and duties as soon as they become conscious. Do you want to increase loneliness and misunderstanding? Do you want to find more and more complications and increasing responsibilities? You get enough of it.

If I once could say that I had done everything I know I had to do, then perhaps I should realise a legitimate need to take mescaline. If I should take it now I would not be at all sure that I had not taken it out of idle curiosity. I should hate the thought that I had touched on the sphere where the paint is made that colours the world, where the light is created that makes shine the splendour of the dawn, the lines and shapes of all form, the sound that fills the orbit, the thought that illuminates the darkness of the void.

There are some impoverished creatures perhaps, for whom mescaline would be a heaven sent gift without a counter poison, but I am profoundly mistrustful of the pure "gifts of the gods", you pay very dearly for them.

This is not the point at all, to know of or about the unconscious, nor does the story end here. On the contrary, it is how and where you begin the real quest. If you are too unconscious, it is a great relief to know a bit of the collective unconscious. But it soon becomes dangerous to know more, because one does not learn at the same time how to balance it through a conscious equivalent.

That is the mistake Aldous Huxley makes, he does not know that he is in the role of Zauberlehrling, sorcerer's apprentice, who learned from his master how to call the ghosts, but did not know how to get rid of them again!'

Psychedelics are beautiful and to be respected but they can open doors that you may never be able to close again. And what’s revealed to you can be something marvelous or horrifying. I had a glimpse of this during my experiences with Mushrooms and even Cannabis to a lesser extent. I want to continue on with my Psychedelic Journey but whether or not I’ll use it for therapeutic purposes is up for question. Other people have given me similar answers to the one you gave me in that it’s very risky and comes with a price.

@Shrooms_Alvarez  Interesting, thank you for posting that.

I don't think Jung was talking about the same downside here although the structure of the argument is the same: You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. I'm not sure whether I believe in a collective unconscious, but what I do know, is that much of our dreams and hallucinations are simply encrypted trauma content, which we would do well to not take too literally, but simply decrypt it by following the underlying feeling until the symbols are replaced by memories.

I'm not against psychedelic use, I'm interested in it, have done quite a bit of it and want to do more.

I just know that when it comes to unwiring trauma, I prefer to not stomp on the tube of toothpaste until the cap blows off, hoping I'll be able to clean up the mess within a day, which is what LSD does, but rather I would screw off the top, squeeze out a reasonable amount, and put the cap back on, so I can enjoy feeling lighter and having less symptoms and still function the next day, which is what proper trauma release technique can do.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

8 hours ago, flowboy said:

I think psychedelic therapy is a faster, better version of CBT, but it's still pretty surface level, and going to deeper layers of trauma under the influence of psychedelics is just not safe, and not something psychedelic therapists (should) do.

My experience is quite different. After finishing my psychedelic therapy, that’s when the hard work of processing my trauma seriously began. I spent the next year understanding my mind in much more authentic ways. That entire process evolved me to the next stage of my development, where the main focus is no longer trauma. 

So psychedelic therapy is not a cure for trauma or mental illness. Rather, it acts as a catalyst to help you face those conditions head-on after you come down from those trips.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

My experience is quite different. After finishing my psychedelic therapy, that’s when the hard work of processing my trauma seriously began. I spent the next year understanding my mind in much more authentic ways. That entire process evolved me to the next stage of my development, where the main focus is no longer trauma. 

So psychedelic therapy is not a cure for trauma or mental illness. Rather, it acts as a catalyst to help you face those conditions head-on after you come down from those trips.

Yeah, that would be great. And good for you! I'm just saying that doing trauma release (reliving and feeling old pain, which must be done in order to heal) is itself not a good idea to do under the influence of psychedelics. It's best done sober, so that your built-in anti-overload safety switches are working.

Edited by flowboy

@flowboy Thank you! I probably should mention that I did ketamine treatments. I’m sure LSD and ketamine both open the mind in their own unique ways. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@flowboy Also, I wanted to share a Trip Report I came across on Vivec’s YouTube Channel. He’s a Psychedelic YouTuber and a member of this forum, if you didn’t know. This is one of my favorite trip reports on his channel thus far. It’s about a Combat Veteran who struggles with trauma/PTSD and does 10 grams of Mushrooms. His intention during the trip was to discover the root cause of his trauma. The title of the trip report is “I Rebuilt My Own Brain.”

I remain cautious about using substances to heal trauma but hearing reports like this that are therapeutic really fills me with joy.

Edited by Shrooms_Alvarez

Molly will absolute help with social anxiety. If you do it properly. I used to do it with my friend at home and we would then open up to each other and talk about things that we were insecure about otherwise. Once you do that a few times you realize how easy it becomes to share things about your life with others even when sober. 

On 29/11/2023 at 11:48 PM, Shrooms_Alvarez said:

I never thought about that, lol. Is it easy to tell if someone’s on Molly?

if you are at a loud music venue every is on molly so it doesnt matter in those environments , 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

modaphinil helps a lot for social anxiety, gives a burst of energy and mild sense of euphoria, not as euphoric as mdma though

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston