Signs and Symbols

2 questions about solipsism

41 posts in this topic

1.  Besides the deleted solipsism video is there anywhere else that Leo has said that he doesn't actually exist as an independent observer other than a projection of my own mind?  As in, claimed to not have independent awareness?

2.  If suffering (ours and others) is used as buy-in for keeping the belief in reality alive, than why is it that suffering actually is what pushes us to wake up?  Wouldn't a god who wanted to keep the illusion going make life better, potentially unending,  and filled with comforts, riches, and pleasures?

Edited by Signs and Symbols

Here comes another Solipsism marathon.

Solipsism isn't referring to you as the human, it's referring to God being all alone. You are God. God is One. That's it, it's so simple.

Now, the other stuff you're talking about is where the complications arise, like why do we suffer.

If you had all the $$ in the world, all the riches and material things to rely on as distractions and was living a comfortable lifestyle, and wanted for nothing, would you go seeking for anything....in this case, yourself? No, even though you'll still suffer because worldly things won't satisfy you, but it'll be a different kind of suffering and you'd probably just deal with your loneliness and have lots of paid for distractions like cars and women and houses and businesses etc. 

God would never awaken if it left itself comfortable and would probably be lost in its dream forever. It's still just a play, though, as the Godhead doesn't really suffer. It's it's dream characters that do and it's all imaginary. But you can't say that to people as they'll say how dare you call my suffering imaginary. God split itself off into pieces, so could you imagine chopping your hands of into pieces, wouldn't that hurt and be traumatizing. That's the mental pain and suffering that people feel. It stems from mental separation and trying to become whole again. It's fucking painful and feels real when going through it.

Anyway, that's my take. I'm sure the others I created and that are a part of me will have a different view on things because the pieces of my mental body are all shattered everywhere and every piece is seeing things from different angles as in a shattered vase. Every one of those pieces are different and will suffer because of the pain of the smash. I'm bleeding everywhere. Oh my! Thats why I have to put it all back together eventually and die to that stupid dream so I don't have to suffer for eternity. Imagine that. 

See, your name is even a friggin' clue God left for itself. The clues are everywhere, you just gotta spot them through all that pain and trauma. Part of the sick, silly game that God is playing with itself. More breadcrumbs please!

Oh, BTW, do you go to the movies and watch all lovey dicey shit all the time or do you go get your adrenaline rush with shoot 'em ups and gangsters and robbers and villains and murderers and thirds. Well, why would God be any different. It's you as God watching all this crazy stuff and complaining about it asking why doesn't God create lovey dovey shit and comforts and riches and pleasures. Nothing is happening here, it's just energetic patterns forming and looking like real shit. There's no you. It only appears that way. It's all God playing with itself.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

If solipsism isnt meaning that me, the person, is all alone, then it isn't solipsism.  It's just normal "namaste we are all one" new age thinking.  

I'm interested in when Leo said (paraphrased, despite the quotes) "you think I have awareness like you.  You think you are dreaming me and I am dreaming you.  No.  You are dreaming me."

He also said that to think of it like a computer, and how it would take less computing power to have only one simulation going, so it makes no sense to have 2 simulations going.  That my awareness is all there is...not spread out in everyone, but only aware of this current illusion.  My personal illusory existence is all there is.  He said this stuff, I'm not making it up. 

That's the most interesting thing anyone has ever said.  Now he can backtrack and say oh I meant it metaphysically bla bla Godhead bla bla. 

That's just spirituality.  I'm more interested I knowing if others have awareness or not.  And if they don't, and a dream character admits that, well that's important 

I'm particularly interested because I have (years ago and on various substances) had humans (some friends) admit that they were not sentient, but dream characters.  When I returned to sober thinking, they tried to explain it away.  So.  It's time to know.

And yes my real name is a clue:  Eric Greene

Eric meaning one god forever and Greene being the color of the heart chakra ... Love.  My purpose

When I was younger, solipsism HORRIFIED me.  But I've had a hard life, and now it seems like a pretty sweet deal.  I'm ready for the "boring" easy mode video game with all cheat codes on.  Yes please.  I accept it.

I'm sorry but nothing else seems interesting compared with solipsism.  

36 minutes ago, Signs and Symbols said:

If solipsism isnt meaning that me, the person, is all alone, then it isn't solipsism.

You think you're a person. You are God dreaming up a human character. You do exist but only as a dream. What exist must always exist, so why does the body die. You, Eric is not alone. I'm here talking to you, aren't I. But I'm not there where you are, I'm here. So it appears, anyway. But the real me is everywhere. But it's still God talking it itself. If you can get this idea out of your head that you are a person, a human, then it becomes easier to understand. You're just God appearing as a human. Stop thinking of God as being human. It's no-thing, but everything simultaneously.

You don't have awareness; you ARE Awareness.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

The idea that you are there and I am here is the standard Namaste one Christ Consciousness eastern religion thing.

I get that.  I got that totally.  I've read all the books.  I read "A New Earth" a dozen times.

But that's not what Leo said.  He specifically said that it is the case that he does not exist as a separate bubble of consciousness.  That my consciousness Bubble is the only one.  Of course he contradicted that later.

My ego has no choice but to do the spiritual stuff because it's effective at getting what the ego wants.  My ego wants good stuff?  My ego needs to die.  But, that's not what I'm (ego) is interested in.  

Even if I (ego) don't get the answer, I know the only thing that works: witnessing ego, letting it go, being the pure awareness, being loving consciousness.  I get that.  Either way, life is a mirror.

But I (ego) still wants to know.  

You claim that you exist and I appriciate that.  Most people claim that.  But sometimes they don't.  The ones that don't are the interesting anomalies to me.  So I wonder if Leo has mentioned it elsewhere.

Perhaps I'm not going to get my answer until my ego is totally not giving a rat's butt one way or another.  Seems the way of the world.

5 minutes ago, Signs and Symbols said:

So I wonder if Leo has mentioned it elsewhere.

Not speaking for him, but I think Leo is tired of answering Solipsism questions. He might respond but I wouldn't "hold my breath" on that.

6 minutes ago, Signs and Symbols said:

Perhaps I'm not going to get my answer until my ego is totally not giving a rat's butt one way or another.  Seems the way of the world.

Sometimes. The answers usually come when you're not looking. Why? Because you're looking for yourself. So go within where you are. 

All of reality is like looking for your lost keys that show up after you give up and call an uber

3 hours ago, Signs and Symbols said:

He also said that to think of it like a computer, and how it would take less computing power to have only one simulation going, so it makes no sense to have 2 simulations going. 

These kind of statements are arbitrary and completely meaningless. It's like if I was 16 years old, smoking weed with my friends in the park, I recorded my philosophical conversations, published them and then you believed them.

4 hours ago, Signs and Symbols said:

But that's not what Leo said.  He specifically said that it is the case that he does not exist as a separate bubble of consciousness.  That my consciousness Bubble is the only one.  Of course he contradicted that later.

I also was struggling with that one. I think he meant there are no other bubbles than you for You. He speaks from your perspective. Because whats not in Front of you is imagination. And if you dont hold bubble of consciousness of another human in your consciousness then it doesnt exist for you. So they imagine you and you imagine them

But you are both simultaneously from gods perspective. So if you hurt someone,no one is suffering but you 

Edited by OBEler

6 hours ago, Signs and Symbols said:

If solipsism isnt meaning that me, the person, is all alone, then it isn't solipsism.  It's just normal "namaste we are all one" new age thinking.  

I'm interested in when Leo said (paraphrased, despite the quotes) "you think I have awareness like you.  You think you are dreaming me and I am dreaming you.  No.  You are dreaming me."

He also said that to think of it like a computer, and how it would take less computing power to have only one simulation going, so it makes no sense to have 2 simulations going.  That my awareness is all there is...not spread out in everyone, but only aware of this current illusion.  My personal illusory existence is all there is.  He said this stuff, I'm not making it up. 

That's the most interesting thing anyone has ever said.  Now he can backtrack and say oh I meant it metaphysically bla bla Godhead bla bla. 

That's just spirituality.  I'm more interested I knowing if others have awareness or not.  And if they don't, and a dream character admits that, well that's important 

Others do not have an experience,their experience becomes your experience and thats the only way to make them seem real.

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

it doesnt exist for you. So they imagine you and you imagine them

I don't thinks so.  He made it very clear, with lots of dramatic pauses and even saying "ta-da!" that the secret of life was that no other bubbles exist at all.  That he only acts as if he had any form of awareness or sentience, but that he is a projection of my mind full stop.  And it wasn't any kind of Ramana Maharshi-esque "there is no reality happening... including with you".  He was taking for granted that it was obvious that I was having an experience, saying that everything only happens to and for and from and by me.  No one else has thoughts or feeling or anything like I do.  This was well elaborated on. 

3 hours ago, De Sade said:

Others do not have an experience,their experience becomes your experience and thats the only way to make them seem real.

So are you saying that you do not have an experience of your own?  I have an experience, or at least an apparent experience of my own. 

5 hours ago, Parallax Mind said:

1 yes

2 paradox

1 - where did he say that?

2 - how is it a paradox?  I see how it could be counter-intuitive but not a paradox

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

These kind of statements are arbitrary and completely meaningless. It's like if I was 16 years old, smoking weed with my friends in the park, I recorded my philosophical conversations, published them and then you believed them.

It didn't seem very convincing to me, but he did say those things.  As a proof for why personal (aka my, solo) solipsism makes sense.  I'm just trying to give as much proof as possible because everyone is like, oh, he meant namaste!  our consciousness is the same!  lalala

No, he said that only I exist (even on the level of ego)

Two of my friends that admitted that solipsism was true to me in the past, while on drugs... well, one of them is dead and the other slowly drifted away as I got stronger mentally (i was too ashamed to ask him about it in the past).  As I got strong enough in my not caring about what other think to actually bring it up to him, he dropped off the face of the earth on social media.  I met him in another country I was living in so I don't know his family from the states or anything to contact him.  Pretty convenient if solipsism is true.  

I have another friend that half admitted solipsism to me after a salvia trip gone wrong in which I saw him as an actor in my "play", but he didn't say enough that he couldn't explain it away by saying that he was "too fucked up to know what happened".  So I still talk to him but that's no help.

@Signs and Symbols is the one dead because of solipsism? 

Did you saw leo's  video after solipsism of infinity of gods? 

Thats more what I was referring to. Here it is possible that outside your bubble exist other souvereign bubbles but as soon as you connect with them it's your bubble again