Ima Freeman

Critique on Leo's style of explaining reality

9 posts in this topic

This post is not about complaining, but thought of as constructive criticism.

After engaging more with Actualized.org videos I noticed a logical flaw in Leo's explanation of his metaphysics.

In his words, reality is a state of consciousness, that has no cause, no historical or material ground.

But at the same times, examples that he uses, use a material metaphysics. Like things are made out of atoms in a physical universe, existing in history and so forth.

As an example, in the 'What is intelligence' episode, he gives the exercise to see intelligence in the world. As an example he uses a coke can. He than gives a backstory about how it is made of aluminum atoms and how this aluminum atoms got created in stars.

Like this it happens in many other episodes. Newer ones too.

Leo, your episodes would be more consistent and convincing, if you would stick to your own metaphysics in your explanations and examples.
I know you try to cater your teachings to wide audience, but this switching between paradigms degrades the quality of episodes in my opinion.

Don't confuse the absolute with the relative. Consciousness appears to itself in the form of space and time at the relative level where language and communation exist. 

So, perhaps, think of it like consciousness being so empty that it is full, so nothing that it is something, and get used to the paradoxes where it is both that and not that. Existence is a transrational nonexistence, a self paradox. 

Edited by Vibroverse

13 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Don't confuse the absolute with the relative. Consciousness appears to itself in the form of space and time at the relative level where language and communation exist. 

So, perhaps, think of it like consciousness being so empty that it is full, so nothing that it is something, and get used to the paradoxes where it is both that and not that. Existence is a transrational nonexistence, a self paradox. 

Do you mean that reality actually consists of atoms, when it appears as being so?

4 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

Do you mean that reality actually consists of atoms, when it appears as being so?

Well, atoms are an imagination at the ultimate level, but if you are a physicist doing some experiments with the atoms, then they are real for you. Reality ultimately is not made up of atoms, but it is made of stories, so to speak, but the story that includes atoms might be beneficial for you for some reason in some context perhaps, just like the examples that leo gave in this talks which you criticized. 

Edited by Vibroverse

6 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Well, atoms are an imagination at the ultimate level, but if you are a physicist doing some experiments with the atoms, then they are real for you. Reality ultimately is not made up of atoms, but it is made of stories, so to speak, but the story that includes atoms might be beneficial for you for some reason in some context perhaps, just like the examples that leo gave in this talks which you criticized. 

I see that.

As written, I guess Leo tries to make his teachings more accessible.
But my critique is a nuanced one, coming from my own likings.
Staying on the truest, most fundamental paradigm is what I'm asking for.

@Vibroverse @Ima Freeman Heh, reminds me of my signature of the week (I change it weekly). I asked ChatGPT to come up with an original joke, and here’s what it came up with. 

Why don’t scientists trust atoms?
Because they make up everything, even their own experiments!

I love how ChatGPT took an already existing joke and expanded upon it (“even their own experiments!”). 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Ima Freeman said:

As an example, in the 'What is intelligence' episode, he gives the exercise to see intelligence in the world. As an example he uses a coke can. He than gives a backstory about how it is made of aluminum atoms and how this aluminum atoms got created in stars.

The point is, there's infinite intelligence to that imaginary backstory

Especially when you realize it's all from scratch. More than intelligence it's creativity

Even the color orange, what the hell is that ? It's invented ! There's infinite intelligence in that, and everything else 

orange.jpg

Edited by Loveeee

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now