TJM1959

Ssri Withdrawal, Supplements Suggestions, Diet, Etc?

16 posts in this topic

Was not sure where to post, figured I'm requesting any suggestions or insights into ssri medication withdrawal and thought I'd start here.

Gotta get the f off this horrible crap, Trintellix. The stuff is poison, now weening myself off as per my psych dr and having moderate wd. Dizziness, mild brain zaps, nausea, sleep issues, classic wd syndrome stuff. Often wondered if the pharma designers did any self-studies.,,prob half the stuff out there wouldn't make into the public domain.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask around this forum, see if any of you had success in reducing the symptoms of wd through nutrition, supplements, therapies, etc.
Looking forward to your replies!

It took me over 3 years to be back to normal after being on a SSRI for only 9 months.

I have read about some people being cured of it with Licorice Root, you could look into that. I tried it and it helped but couldn't tolerate side-effects, tried the Deglycyrrhizinated version but that did nothing, so I just waited it out. 

My mother used to be on them when i was a teenager because she would cry a lot but then she became like a zombie and was almost always angry and aggressive every day.. What did they do to my sweet mother who was so loving, full of life and caring :/ Took her two years to get back to normal

I got her off them, slowly less and less every day and replaced with natural foods and herbs that work for anxiety, depression ect.. I banned her from going to the doctors because the more she went the more they made a product out of her then she would become more sick and keep going back.

Now she's doing okay, just introduce more whole food into your diet, get into superfoods and herbs and smoothies, do something new everyday, find a new hobby, travel if possible, find what brings you joy, play music, dance, sing, art keep your mind busy and sooner or later you will forget anything was wrong with you in the first place.

B R E A T H E

Sorry double post

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto 'Superfoods' are a marketing ploy from nutrition companies who make billions from them. There is no evidence that any of them have any real benefits above and beyond everyday vegetables, fruits and legumes.

@TJM1959 Loads and loads of vitamins. Overload. And of course some form of meditation, that allows oyu to reconnect with your intuition. The rest is a journey only your highest resonance will show.
Right now its showing you to get off drugs.
lovely.
Listen to what's next! :-) 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@TJM1959 And of course unless you're already doing so.
Some form of
A) talking therapy
b) emotional coaching
c) counseling
d) some sort of a spiritual teacher if its possible in your area
e) any combination of the above (like d + a, that's an extremely powerful combination to kick yourself off! :-p)
It is not that much about the profession, the important part is that the professional "helper" resonates with your situation! So again, only follow what your heart says. Don't try to force nothin. 

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

2 hours ago, Radical Honesty said:

@pluto 'Superfoods' are a marketing ploy from nutrition companies who make billions from them. There is no evidence that any of them have any real benefits above and beyond everyday vegetables, fruits and legumes.

My life the last 7 years or so gives me more than enough evidence as well as many other friends i know that are in the same or similar lifestyle path and or choices. I've used traditional herbs and superfoods from around the world most of my life and can 100% tell you right now they do work.

These foods we don't need to consume in large amounts because they are so powerful but merely used as extra additives to our regular intake which fills the missing links as our earth and soil is heavily depleted in nutrients/minerals due to all the pesticides, radiation, pollution, GMO's ect..used over the years.

These superfood/herbs boost everything to levels that are not possible to achieve with regular food of today where they don't have no where near as much nutrient density today as they used to say 50 years ago.

One apple 50 years ago for example was 3-10 times as nutrient dense as it is today depending on location.

Dr Thomas investigated the fall of nutrients in 64 foods by comparing data from Government-backed scientific studies between 1940 and 1991. The rate of depletion appeared to be greatest between 1978 and 1991. In those 13 years alone, vegetables lost 57 per cent of their zinc - an important element for the immune system and for male fertility.

Dr Thomas said: "We found that since 1940, the minerals and other nutrients that help to make fruit and vegetables good for you have been in startling decline." He said that eating fruit and vegetables is still beneficial for health, but continuing falls in nutrients could lead to deficiencies in some consumers.

on another study..

Donald Davis, a biochemist at the University of Texas, said that of 13 major nutrients in fruits and vegetables tracked by the Agriculture Department from 1950 to 1999, six showed noticeable declines -- protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, riboflavin and vitamin C. The declines ranged from 6 percent for protein, 15 percent for iron, 20 percent for vitamin C, and 38 percent for riboflavin.

Checkout this youtube channel for in-Depth valuable information on the top super-foods and herbs used throughout history and their effects and scientific experiments/evidence and benefits people have reported and resulted that have been made over time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperfoodEvolution

Hope this helps

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Life experience is a terrible guide for what is healthy. The placebo effect is far stronger than any change in diet—so even though I'm sure these foods make you feel great, that is most likely due to your belief that they are nutritional rather than any actual benefits you derive from them.  

Yes it is worrying that the levels of SOME nutrients have been falling in foods (others have actually been rising), but the solution to this problem is not to eat negligible amounts of ridiculously overpriced 'superfoods'. It is to put pressure on agricultural institutions to improve their production methods. Or instead use GMOs with increased levels of certain nutrients. 

If you can find one study on superfoods without glaring methodological errors, then I might open my mind to them. But as of yet, I haven't managed to find any.

Please send me some though, I don't want to be overly dogmatic in my beliefs if their really is evidence that they can be beneficial.

Edited by Radical Honesty

@Martin123 Thank you for your replies/suggestions and have added all these pcs into my life. Now at my base-line, I'm finding it extremely challenging to reduce the constant state of "monkey brain" and psycho babble I experience without the ssri numb out. After consistent meditation the past 7 months, I have reduced my stress levels but find a cloud, sometimes extremely dark, of negative self-talk. I often freak because I didn't think it was possible for me to think such horrible shit. So damn challenging to get myself to a place of resonance seated in self-love, acceptance and a sense of calmness. Cont...

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

If you stop running, and allow the shit to come up, then love, acceptance and calmess come naturally without any effort at all.

So, don't worry so much about how it got there and freak when it surfaces, just accept it all?

Just eat healthy, excercise, meditate and then you will heal over time.

There is some evidence that the peptide bpc-157 will heal dopamine receptors but i don't know if it does the same for serotonin.

I would advice you to watch what animals do and learn from them. 

* they spend their time outside
* they eat only when hungry and only diet natural to them ( plants to herbivores, meat to carnivores) 
* they play around
* they mate whenever they feel urgency
* they explore, run around, go out on sunlight
* they wake with sunlight and sleep with sundown. 
* they do not get sick unless we domesticate them and feel them shit!!!

What I am trying to say is that all chronic and psychological diseases are caused by unnatural lifestyle. Pills like antidepressants only hide symptoms, they DO NOT heal the cause. How long do you think your body can sustain that? How is it that our grandparents' generation did not suffer of anxieties, cancers, diabetes and obesity so much, sure there were cases but they were uncommon. We completely lost touch with nature and with our humanity. This is not a freaking science , it is a common and ancient knowledge. The earth gives you everything you need. But we take it, smash it, cook it, fry it, put fat on it, salt it, fry it again and than eat it....hell. 

We are domesticated creatures. Shit food, no exercise, no sunlight, polluted water, hectic stressful life, anger and hate in our homes, lack of relationships and social contact, avoidance of real quality sex..the list goes on. 

There is a great book about this called Heal Yourself 101 from Markus Rothkranz. 

This is more of a rant than an actual advice but sometimes the solution is to start from the root not cutting out the unhealthy branch. Give it a thought :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I agree with @Dead_Mouse your probably trying to come off of the drug too quickly. You should probably talk to your doctor, they may start lowering the dosage so that your body slowly gets use to not having the drug present.

www.hersandhislove.com