THIS is infinite, so there is no NOT-THIS

45 posts in this topic

Cornering you into solipsism 

12jipn.jpg

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

13 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Cornering you into solipsism 

12jipn.jpg

"THIS" suggests a subject/object duality.   It suggests "other"  notice that.  It suggests someone over here saying that reality is THIS.  But i am over here "observing" THIS. 

THIS is separate from you.  You is you. Not this.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No need for duplicate threads, keep it streamlined.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Can you guys stop locking everything.  I think there has never really been a discussion of "this".  Let's let it roll...

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I think there has never really been a discussion of "this".

Guess we're having a different flavour of solipsism today haha

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Just now, Osaid said:

Haha...only if you call it that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

"THIS" suggests a subject/object duality.   It suggests "other"  notice that.  THIS is separate from you.  You is you. Not this.

Usually "this" means object and "you" means subject 

But by "THIS" I mean "YOU"

I'm pointing to that which can't be pointed to precisely it transcends that duality, the "current" "experience" that "you" "are"

3 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Usually "this" means object and "you" means subject 

But by "THIS" I mean "YOU"

I'm pointing to that which can't be pointed to precisely it transcends that duality, the "current" "experience" that "you" "are"

Then just say You with a capital Y.  You are God.  This is not God.  You are God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Osaid said:

No need for duplicate threads, keep it streamlined.

11 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Like you said it's a different flavour so I wanted a different topic, to which you responded :

17 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Ultimately, you have not truly realized that "other people" are imaginary. You have simply replaced it with another belief that says "Other people don't exist." You use the same imaginary parameter that you critcize in order to define your own experience, and so then you say "You can experience solipsism." The inability to imagine something does not create non-existence. You cannot create or realize non-existence by thinking about other people. I am not saying that other people do or don't have their own experience, I am saying that your proof itself doesn't say much.

Are you conscious that THIS is infinite ?

@Loveeee 

7 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Like you said it's a different flavour so I wanted a different topic, to which you responded :

If you are trying to bring someone to realize they are completely alone because of Infinity you will fail to do that.  One has to become directly conscious of this via psychedelics or meditation.  So asking someone if they are conscious of Infinity is not going to get you far.  If they are conscious of it, they most certainly don't have to answer to you about it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Yep

everyone is yelling solipsism until those nGa stare me in the eyes and die from presenceness.

eEM9uOG.png

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

32 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Then just say You with a capital Y.  You are God.  This is not God.  You are God.

This is God, the impersonal You

The word "This" leaves no room for non-solipsistic bullshit, of course I use it in the non-dual sense especially when I say it's infinite 

Edited by Loveeee

Just now, Loveeee said:

This is God, the impersonal You 

The word "This" leaves no room for bullshit, of course I use it in the non-dual sense especially when I'm saying it's infinite 

That's just it. Anything impersonal is a duality.  It suggests a subject- you- observing the object - this. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's just it. Anything impersonal is a duality.  It suggests a subject- you- observing the object - this. 

This = You

Self-awareness 

Objective Subject , Subjective Object 

That's what I mean by impersonal selfobject and subject, both, neither

Call it suprapersonal or whatever, langage is dualistic 

28 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yep

Since THIS is infinite, there's nothing else ! 

4 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Since THIS is infinite, there's nothing else ! 

Yep

40 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Loveeee 

One has to become directly conscious of this via psychedelics or meditation. 

That's what we're doing right now, meditation/observation

21 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yep

So what's the problem ? Pointing to non-existence (of other), is pointing to infinity (of self)

10 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

So what's the problem ? Pointing to non-existence (of other), is pointing to infinity (of self)

The problem is that non-existence doesn't exist.

Anyways, I'm not gonna talk about solipsism here, because then we would have abandoned the previous thread for no reason, which is what I was trying to prevent until I got intercepted, so I'll just take a vow of silence instead.

Edited by Osaid