Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Livingstone

Can you control others’ reality?

11 posts in this topic

If reality is determined by one's experience within consciousness, and there are people who are in the position to control one's experience (e.g. a parent, caregiver, boss, friend, spouse, etc.), do they not have the ability to control that person's reality?

Here's an example:

I worked at an architecture firm for a couple of years. There was a guy who managed more projects than me, worked harder than me, knew more about the industry than me, worked there many years longer than me, and even slept in the office overnight to meet deadlines.

I made more than him after one year.

Now. My boss must KNOW what he's doing. He probably has the awareness that my colleague lacked self-worth, confidence, and awareness of the fact that he was being taken advantage of. And my boss kept this information hidden. Is he not controlling my colleagues reality to some extent?

"It's just a job."

Not to some. To some their job is their life. The people they see at work are ALL the people they really interact with. They don't know any better. So in a way, controlling that person's life at work is controlling their entire life. Their entire reality.

Does this make sense?

Law of attraction in action. Each being imagines the other in their own dreams. Each point of awareness cocreates a reality, reflecting each other to each other.

However you can't sort it out if you try to understand it from each point of awareness, and so, turn back to your own awareness, and look within to see why you are in such a situation, look within to see what it means for you and why you are having that dream, so to speak. 

Edited by Vibroverse

But I only just gained this level of awareness. I could have been stuck in such a lower level of consciousness if I did not push myself to get out of that company and pursue a university education (I am currently studying psychology, where I am now realizing these things).

I used to suffer from social anxiety. I previously never would have thought about questioning my boss. I was desperate for his approval, therefore I would work as hard as possible and not ask for raises as I was afraid of him. He must have known this, correct? He must have sensed how vulnerable I was, and in turn used that to his advantage instead of telling me and raising my awareness. Was he not, in some sense, controlling my reality? Without these realizations I could still be at that company, in that "slumbered" state, just working as a cog in his machine, none-the-wiser.

Sure, that's how many people live, believing that they need the approval and support of others to find peace and satisfaction, that's the normal way of things for them. So you were at that level of awareness at some point, but then, somehow, you've found a higher level of awareness. 

And, as it comes to your boss, maybe he was aware of what he was doing and how he was manipulating you, and maybe not. Maybe he was aware of that, but he was not aware that he did not need to do that. See, awareness is like a fractal structure, in a sense, in that it has many layers and nuances. 

This is so fascinating. I still can't believe any of this is real - I thought I was crazy, because so many people do not think about these things.

I want to help other people by raising their awareness. I already told many people at that company that I was making more than them (even though they have been working there longer, etc.), in hopes that they can see they are being taken advantage of. It is a disturbing thought to think that some people are stuck in a lower level of consciousness simply because they lack someone in their life who can tell them these things, and wake them up.

Let's imagine my boss does know what he's doing, would that not be textbook narcissism or sociopathy? Think about it: there must be people who have our level of awareness, or higher, yet use this level of understanding the world for their own gain by taking advantage of other people's lack of awareness. That is so cruel.

If he was so aware, then he would not need to try to manipulate people, he would, probably, simply not need to do that. 

And when it comes to awakening others, if they are not ready for it, then no matter how hard you shout on their faces, they still won't get it. 

So, the best is to just allow yourself to relax, and try to see that whole situation from an even broader view. 

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

If he was so aware, then he would not need to try to manipulate people, he would, probably, simply not need to do that. 

I disagree here. I think it's possible to have high levels of awareness but use it for your own gain, by manipulating people. There must be people out there like this.

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And when it comes to awakening others, if they are not ready for it, then no matter how hard you shout on their faces, they still won't get it.

I completely agree, which is why I intend to only give them the information. What they choose to do with it is their choice. I have no attachment to outcome at this time.

@Livingstone I don't know if that is really "Controlling his reality" in that example. 

But, I have met people who are extremely hard working, knowledgeable and experienced who have no spine and their boss walks all over them. Sad to see.

My last day tree planting this guy was like breaking down crying about it, total victim. I didn't say anything.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Livingstone said:

I disagree here. I think it's possible to have high levels of awareness but use it for your own gain, by manipulating people. There must be people out there like this.

Yeah, sure. What i meant is you will probably see that it is not really necessary to do that from even higher levels of awareness. 

3 hours ago, Livingstone said:

Let's imagine my boss does know what he's doing, would that not be textbook narcissism or sociopathy? Think about it: there must be people who have our level of awareness, or higher, yet use this level of understanding the world for their own gain by taking advantage of other people's lack of awareness. That is so cruel.

A higher awareness and a strong ego is a delicious combination for the universe to show its might.

4 hours ago, Livingstone said:

If reality is determined by one's experience within consciousness, and there are people who are in the position to control one's experience (e.g. a parent, caregiver, boss, friend, spouse, etc.), do they not have the ability to control that person's reality?

Here's an example:

I worked at an architecture firm for a couple of years. There was a guy who managed more projects than me, worked harder than me, knew more about the industry than me, worked there many years longer than me, and even slept in the office overnight to meet deadlines.

I made more than him after one year.

Now. My boss must KNOW what he's doing. He probably has the awareness that my colleague lacked self-worth, confidence, and awareness of the fact that he was being taken advantage of. And my boss kept this information hidden. Is he not controlling my colleagues reality to some extent?

"It's just a job."

Not to some. To some their job is their life. The people they see at work are ALL the people they really interact with. They don't know any better. So in a way, controlling that person's life at work is controlling their entire life. Their entire reality.

Does this make sense?

Your perspective is to limited. What makes you think he was taken advantage of because he made less money? What is I were to tell you there are some people who don't really care how much they make as long as their bills are paid? Also you never said if the guy hated his job. Did he seem really stressed? Did he complain often? Or did he work those hours because he really loved what he was doing? You left out a lot of details. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.