at_anchor

Important: Survival In Cold Conditions

5 posts in this topic

Can you live in a cold place and shower with cold water? Is that doable and survivable? How can you do it without using any fire or electrical heating at all?

Ask cultures that have lived in the cold for millennia.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Probably yes, but I'd do my research first, depends on what temperatures we're talking about.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:19 PM, at_anchor said:

Can you live in a cold place and shower with cold water? Is that doable and survivable? How can you do it without using any fire or electrical heating at all?

been doing this for about 4 years ... i have a great quality of life doing this, my body's natural resourcefulness adjusts and provides as needed

before taking cold shower, do 100 sit ups and 100 push ups to get the temp high enough to manage the cold plunge

in winter i wear 3 light layers, t-shirt sweater fleece and if it goes below zero degrees i will add a 4th

when i get up in the dark to meditate, i wrap a blanket around me and have gloves and balaclava at hand for when it's below 5

when outside i don't feel cold since i am on the move so take off the fleece and wear a light jacket

why i do this? because the body gives all these things by default and i am tons healthier relying on its management

Edited by gettoefl

you need a shelter than you can. you probably had a shelter and then washed in your hut in front of everyone with a cloth or something till summer. And before clothes i think humans avoided cold

Edited by Hojo