Dabidoe

What is the source of Hate and Division?

31 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2023 at 11:24 AM, Schizophonia said:

Look at the photos of jihadists, they are almost all ugly.
You can determine with a high degree of reliability someone's hatred based on their genetic makeup.

I uh, have no words for this lol, but my intuition is hate is a little more than skin deep. After all Che Guevera isn't on a bunch of t-shirts because of his ideology and that guy sure lit up a lot of people.

There are some great points in this thread but I think it's clear the lowest hanging of fruit is starting with your own behavior and beliefs. It seems that pain, isolation and hate are all fruit of the poison tree.

6 hours ago, sholomar said:

Hatred and division are driven by people's fear combined with wanting to fit in, along with cultural and economic problems such as poverty.

We conform to groups even though those groups seem to isolate us from the broader humanity. I'm a jew that has friends in Israel and it took me reading hundreds of comments of people saying awful things, true things and more to make me realize there is good and bad in both arguments and that the real enemy is people of all sides behaving like pieces of garbage.

Would a resource-rich future (post-scarcity) help solve this? It's feasible that we can build enough robots to build enough homes for every human (on this planet or beyond) and grow enough food... but will we destroy ourselves before we get there? Either way, I just want to find peace within myself so at least I don't get all triggered and annoyed unnecessarily at the unavoidable stream of hate and lunacy dominating the "zeitgeist."

On 06/11/2023 at 4:09 AM, AerisVahnEphelia said:

Well let's talk about Zemmour then .. ho wait.

Lol, don't worry, I didn't vote for Zemmour.
I voted for the first female president :)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 04/11/2023 at 10:37 PM, Dabidoe said:

It's clear given the state of the world that people are self organizing into smaller and smaller factions with increasing amounts of hate towards one another.

Maybe in the shorter time span, but considering the last few centuries, we are more united than ever before in human history. 

On 06/11/2023 at 5:38 PM, Dabidoe said:

I uh, have no words for this lol, but my intuition is hate is a little more than skin deep. After all Che Guevera isn't on a bunch of t-shirts because of his ideology and that guy sure lit up a lot of people.

There are some great points in this thread but I think it's clear the lowest hanging of fruit is starting with your own behavior and beliefs. It seems that pain, isolation and hate are all fruit of the poison tree.

It doesn't matter what you believe, the facts matter.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

what is hate: some people are bad to the bone and i will do whatever it takes to eliminate them from my world

so the source is i am good and moral and innocent and stake my right to live around others who are like me ... namely legalized apartheid is hatred

notice all avoid the word "hate" due to religious condemnation of this word and prefers euphemisms like heathens, foreigners, aliens, infidels, ungodly, undesirables

based on the above, h.a.t.e. = have aim to exclude

thus if you don't have my values, my culture, my morals ... you are unwelcome, you are shunned, you are marginalised, you are excluded

just leave or else

namely i hate you

2 hours ago, An young being said:

Maybe in the shorter time span, but considering the last few centuries, we are more united than ever before in human history. 

I agree. There is very much a negativity bias. Child poverty is down, internet is creative a collective consciousness while very rough on some levels is universally a great thing that's uniting humanity.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It doesn't matter what you believe, the facts matter.

Facts matter, what are you Ben Shapiro? Does bias matter? Are you really saying ugly people are naturally more hateful of hate or hate makes people ugly? Based on the mind body connection I suppose the latter makes some sense but looks are genetic no? Shell Silverstein isn't exactly Brad Pitt but the guy wrote some beautiful poems and childrens books, not quite Jihadi. 

Shel_2.jpg

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

what is hate: some people are bad to the bone and i will do whatever it takes to eliminate them from my world

so the source is i am good and moral and innocent and stake my right to live around others who are like me ... namely legalized apartheid is hatred

notice all avoid the word "hate" due to religious condemnation of this word and prefers euphemisms like heathens, foreigners, aliens, infidels, ungodly, undesirables

based on the above, h.a.t.e. = have aim to exclude

thus if you don't have my values, my culture, my morals ... you are unwelcome, you are shunned, you are marginalised, you are excluded

just leave or else

namely i hate you

This seems antithetical to your expressed identity of being good and moral but go with peace my brother.

9 minutes ago, Dabidoe said:

This seems antithetical to your expressed identity of being good and moral but go with peace my brother.

good is me defining what good is, good is who i am and what i stand for, this is how everyone unconsciously defines good (or lets religion do it which is actually the same thing)

in a nutshell good is hating bad

this was nothing in these words about myself, i am explaining how people hate

Edited by gettoefl

Fundamentally it is finitude.

Humans are social animals that form groups in order to survive. Those groups form identities that allow strangers to cooperate despite not knowing each other personally, within the group.

A group is competing with other groups and certain animals for resources and territory. In regions where there are less resources like the middle-east and North-Africa, there is more conflict. Animals like wolves and cave lions in particular have been wiped out/driven off across the globe as they compete with humans for prey animals/livestock and territory.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:45 AM, Basman said:

Fundamentally it is finitude.

Humans are social animals that form groups in order to survive. Those groups form identities that allow strangers to cooperate despite not knowing each other personally, within the group.

A group is competing with other groups and certain animals for resources and territory. In regions where there are less resources like the middle-east and North-Africa, there is more conflict. Animals like wolves and cave lions in particular have been wiped out/driven off across the globe as they compete with humans for prey animals/livestock and territory.

@Basman That's interesting. So do you think that hate is fundamental a tool for survival? Would hate be lessened in a post-scarcity world or would people find different resources to hate one another over?

You wouldn't hate if it didn't serve a purpose. In a post-scarcity world there might be less of a reason to hate. In Scandinavia where I live, there is no real hatred broadly speaking compared to for example Israel and Palestine.