Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfonsoo

Why are psychedelics so heavy on my body?

10 posts in this topic

During the trips (LSD, shrooms)  I have a real bad time with my balance and there some very noticeable muscle soreness and fatigue. And it feels as if my weight shifts to wherever I lean. I find it quite hard just to walk around to get water or smth . It’s not so bad that I’m unable to function but it’s bad enough that I just lay in bed for most of the trip. And maybe it is the laying in bed but I get quite drowsy too.

7 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

During the trips (LSD, shrooms)  I have a real bad time with my balance and there some very noticeable muscle soreness and fatigue. And it feels as if my weight shifts to wherever I lean. I find it quite hard just to walk around to get water or smth . It’s not so bad that I’m unable to function but it’s bad enough that I just lay in bed for most of the trip. And maybe it is the laying in bed but I get quite drowsy too.

Are you an unhealthy person? I Think psychedelics can be physically uncomfortable on a body that is not in good shape as it open up so much energy in it.

Maybe the body is trying to work through some emotional energy, it's rare that I don't have to lay down for a bit at least once in my trips.

The body isn't designed to function well on psychedelics, it takes a lot of practise.

Edited by Francis777

@Francis777 I’m definitely not in peak health but I ain’t very experienced with psychedelics either. Maybe it has to do more with experience?

Edited by Alfonsoo

32 minutes ago, Alfonsoo said:

@Francis777 I’m defines not in peak health but I ain’t very experienced with psychedelics either. Maybe it has to do more with experience?

how many trips have you had? 

42 minutes ago, Alfonsoo said:

@Francis777 Three 150ug acid and a 2g shrooms

ah that's nothing, your probably just not used to them, keep tripping.

Thinking back to it, I had trouble with my balance the first time I tripped

Edited by Francis777

@DefinitelyNotARobot the LSD where more on the stressful side (one was definitely a bad trip) though not the whole lengths of the trips. The shrooms were quite pleasant but there where some background concerns about the trip going haywire and just life stuff. Energetic music really helps to counter act the lethargy and weakness

It means exactly that: psychedelics are heavy on your body, so you have to take extra precautions. It could purely just be genetics and who YOU ARE as a person. Psychedelics will affect people's bodies differently, sometimes it has nothing to do with diet or tripping strategy. 

Howdy.

Is the muscle soreness during the trip or the next day? Is the fatigue during the trip or the next day?

If it is during the trip, psychedelic's enhance feeling and perception. So if you had mild sprain or toothache, it might be unnoticeable in sober life. But during a trip it becomes a very strong feeling. You have hypervigilance or hyperacuity. If you are tired, maybe you should rest for 2 weeks prior, sleep well, avoid caffeine, sugar, and salt, etc. Prepare for the trip. But I do get dreamy or hypnotic when I trip.

If it is after the trip, you were probably restless or wiggly during the trip. You were flexing and squeezing muscles. So they will be sore the next day. You will be tired the next day.