Lilia

Anyone Had Mystical Experiences in Childhood?

29 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I wouldn't call it a mystical experience per se, but it was a glimpse of what was yet to come,

I would. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

So whether a memory is mystical in nature, really depends on how you relate to it right now.

It's all a continuum. Get used to it there is plenty more to go! -Infinitely more.

7 minutes ago, cetus said:

I would. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

Yeah I think you could make a case for it. It was the first time in my life I really asked myself why I'm conscious. Like why ME? Why am I ME and not someone else? There was something so special about "my" consciousness. It felt so meaningful. Something I could only attribute to god. I'm not sure what made me outgrow these thoughts. It feels like it was something I had noticed, toyed around with for a bit, and then just dropped. That perfectly pictures what you were saying with learning to walk before being able to run.

7 minutes ago, cetus said:

It's all a continuum. Get used to it there is plenty more to go! -Infinitely more.

;)

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Here is a fun one. Back as a child, I would always go over to my grandparents after school. The first thing I always did was drink a glass of milk. I just liked drinking milk after I had arrived. After a few years of having that ritual something interesting happened. I took out a package of milk, opened it up and started pouring it out into my glass. But instead of milk, out of the package came WINE. I still remember this pure and solid feeling of utter confusion that I felt in that moment. You do something the same every day, for like years, and you always get the same result. You get milk, from a package of milk. But seeing wine come out instead, completely shattered my young paradigm.

The explanation: My grandfather used to drink from time to time and he would try to hide it from us. Apparently he had decided to hide his wine inside the milk package. It's a pretty simple explanation, but it shows how even something as simple as milk coming out of a milk package is not for granted. It showed me that reality could always have a trick up its sleeve.

Now was THAT a mystical experience? My grandfather had turned the milk into wine. A true Jesus moment right there.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

43 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

but it shows how even something as simple as milk coming out of a milk package is not for granted. It showed me that reality could always have a trick up its sleeve.

Did reality have a "trick up its sleeve?" Or was it your expectation of how reality should be that played the trick on you?   -Trick or Treat!!

Edited by cetus

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Now was THAT a mystical experience? My grandfather had turned the milk into wine. A true Jesus moment right there.

Now all I could wonder is whether you drank it or not. If you did, that definitely would count as a mystical experience!

Dude. Absolutely. 

I've not met many people who've shared the same experiences I've had with early childhood. But the best way I can articulate it is is almost as if my early childhood (age 0-5) was a psychedelic dream that you gradually forget as you get older. Funnily enough, it was through smoking DMT that my memories from this era of my life were reignited. 

Imagination was reality. If I imagined something, then it would materialize before me. I would go into my own mind and play these types of games ... it was almost as if I visited an "astral plain," or something like that. I saw reality as it was, but my imagination was so intense that the room around me was subject to influence from it.

Another thing that brings back memories is the breath-hold portion of the WHM, which feels a bit like DMT. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

The only experience I had is at age of 5, my mother told me about the Christian Religion and how we were created by God and we're going to have to face judgment. After our conversation in the car, I started to look at my hands intensely in awe how was it possible I could be here. It was almost to the point where I almost scared myself to death in deep thought. Then I said to myself, "I'm all alone".

As an initiator of this thread, let me just say how much I love reading through everybody's experiences and formulations.

I especially love how no one's switching on a guru and dismissing the experiences being discussed.

It wasn't necessarily a mystical experience, but when I was around 5-7 and learnt to write, I would often sit down and write down 'essays' about big philosophical issues, such as happiness, God, life purpose, etc.

Some years ago my mum found a box with those writings. There was one that read something like: "God is not what you think. God is everything. Everywhere you look, you see God. You are God, and everybody is too." Another one read: "There's just one life purpose - to experience life."

My family wasn't religious, but my mum was into New Age and esoterics. She'd often talk to me about energies, healing and karma, so I could have been inspired by some of what she read. I don't think I was, but maybe I just don't remember. What I remember for sure is how 'high' I felt when I was writing the essays. I still remember the perfume of that flow, and now am learning to evoke it in adulthood.