at_anchor

self-esteem

15 posts in this topic

am, in the past i was always self conscious and critical of my apperance. I was kind of fatter as a kid and i wanted to get ripped thinking that that would get me girls and boys. I got a bit ripped, but it didn't help. I didn't go out where there are many of them and I would have probably felt afraid to approach. 

Now I kind of feel like I'm not youthful looking enough and even if I could get ripped (which I can't due to my new aweful life circumstances and people who destroyed my health with poison, who stopped me from getting ripped) I'd still never be good looking enough to make someone want me, nor will i be healthy and successful enough because I don't have the money and opportunities to develop and become successful in something.

So yeah, anyway, thanks for not abandoning me. Thanks for not letting me live in hell. 

I think you have more value than you realize.

Though right now, you don’t understand how women are attracted.

Keep working on your self love and self esteem and simply enjoy life and being you more. Women work differently than you think. Focus on cleaning up your mindset, and having more fun with life. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I think you have more value than you realize.

I know I have value to a degree. I'm just saying that my face and stuff is not as beautiful, as pleasing as I want it to be anymore. If I compare it to faces of people I had sex with, I'd love myself... I don't know why I want to kiss at all. If could be happy without it, that would be cool. I just want the person to feel as though being with me is better than being anywhere else in the world, the way I'd feel. 

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Keep working on your self love and self esteem and simply enjoy life and being you more. Women work differently than you think. Focus on cleaning up your mindset, and having more fun with life. 

Okay, I might try that, thank you.

I've seen some beautiful women with really ugly men.  I've seen good data that shows a fair amount of women couldn't care less about appearance compared to other things.

You are right about success, that's always been a constant. If you've got money, you've got a girl. The rest of us have to work at it. Confidence helps but it's in you, accept who and what you are, not what you think you should be. Really get comfortable with yourself. The bits you are resisting, or the emotions or situations that come up, work with them, accept them, integrate them, protect them, feel them, listen to them, and fight for them when necessary because that's all you.

Whoever put 'should be' in your head was an idiot. Put the work in and you'll get a girl. Be rejected a lot, and get the girl. But if you are still thinking you 'should be' something you are not, every one of those rejections will hurt. If you've accepted who you are fully, and you've got your own back first. it probably won't bother you as much that someone else isn't interested in you romantically. When you get that inside straight, you could go so far to flip it and have fun with it, crazy things like aim to be rejected, and make it a game. Whatever you like, because externally seeking feelings from another will become completely unnecessary. 

Get that strong core, those muscles are worth more to you and your partner than physical ones. 

*Made the assumption here that you are a guy based on the above posts, but the main point getting right about yourself, that's universally true regardless of gender.

Edited by BlueOak

Here's a good quote: "Fear is a mile wide, and an inch deep. We perceive it as a massive ocean. Then we step into it, we realize it's just a puddle."

Hey, why not try doing an intense workout every day? Instead of just focusing on getting ripped, try to focus on the effort itself. You know, going through pain willingly every single day is how you build more self-esteem and toughen up your character. 

I don't want to start with you today but I have to ask, "why is every post from you so negative day in and day out". Can I give you a 30day challenge. For the next 30days every time you make a post (it could still be in this section, since you live here), make it something positive. If it's even to say thank you Universe for giving me fingers to type. Thank you Universe for the opportunity to engage with other people online, Thank you Universe for the ability to speak and articulate my words, thank you Universe that I'm able to eat sometimes so don't go hungry. Thank you Universe for the birds in the sky, I am not sick today and I'm feeling better than I did yesterday. I don't know what tomorrow brings but right now I'm not in any immediate danger. 

I mean I can go on and on. Try it and see how much of a difference it makes. Don't falsify anything. Make sure it really is so. If you need me to monitor it for you I will. If you need me to help you I will, just give me permission. Please try this before knocking it. There's more things I could suggest doing but, you have to start somewhere and be willing to do it. If you want me to do it with you I will. 

Edit: I just realized this thread was started on Oct 20th but the offer still stands. I thought it was today, but it doesn't matter @at_anchor.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia this will be hard. I already feel the irritating feeling to saying anything positive you mentioned and instead lashing out at the Universe like "Thank you Universe for wasting my time. Thabk you Universe for depleating me of energy. Thank you Universe for all the traumas and suffering and losses. Thank you Universe for making me incapable of independence, health, happiness and travel. Thank you Universe for capturing me in a horrifying situation in a horrifying place. Thank you Universe for threatening me with the worst possible conditions or punishment worse than being hanged or even imprisoned for life under normal conditions, which is still fucking bad, but yeah. All I want Universe is for you to get me out of the horrifying situation you placed me into in the first place, whether through death or a lot of luck in life cause I need it. But you can't even give me that. You get so close, but there is always something stopping me, either internally or externally. This time it was internally I guess."

But let's try... Thank you Universe for, for, for the last vacation I had in my life. It was so good, I wish I could do it again, now. That's it, I have notging else to thank it for.

6 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

I wish I could do it again,

Leave this part out. Don't wish for anything. I just gave you a pumpkin lollipop for at least trying. Now try again. Think of something else.

14 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Now try again. Think of something else.

Thank you for the sun in the sky. I like the sun pretty much, but it is cold.

5 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

but it is cold.

Not necessary. Another pumpkin lollipop for you. Don't worry the treats will be all different. It's halloween. Pumpkin Season. I need 5 gratitudes each day. 2 down 3 to go.

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

. I need 5 gratitudes each day. 2 down 3 to go.

Lmao, not really, but I literally burst into laughter when I read it. I'm smiling a bit now too. It's impossible.: )

But I'll start a 30 day challenge in the journal section so if you want to join me.

Edited by at_anchor

@Princess Arabia Do I have to find something new to be grateful for every day or can I just repeat the same old if there is nothing else?

8 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

Lmao, not really, but I literally burst into laughter when I read it. I'm smiling a bit now too. It's impossible.: )

But I'll start a 30 day challenge in the journal section so if you want to join me.

Ok let me know when you start it. See, 2 gratitude things and you're laughing already.