sda

Advice regarding my next steps in life

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I hope you all are doing good.

I want to share my current situation regarding my university education and I want your guys opinion on this. I am a second year medical student in China and my family is in Canada. My family in Canada wants me to come back to Canada from China to stay with them. However for that I need to quit my degree and all the money for my first year tuition fees and second year tuition fees as well as living expenses which I consumed of my parents for the first two years of my university will go wasted. So what do you guys think that what should I do? Should I come back to my family in Canada or should I stay in China to complete my six year program degree?

Any opinion on my next steps will be appreciated

Thank you

You should've started with "Why your parents don't want you to finish uni degree". 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

20 hours ago, Salvijus said:

You should've started with "Why your parents don't want you to finish uni degree". 

Sorry for not being clear over their. For Your Guys Information, my parents don't want me to finish this university degree because they think that their are so many other degrees which are better than a Chinese medical degree and I think that they perceive me as a small baby who can't live alone by himself away from family.

Yes medical degrees are expensive and Chinese degrees may not be well recognized in Canada. So you need to think through this carefully and check whether you have the money and ability to finish the course.

@sda No one can answer this for you unless you share your ultimate goal.

Is it to prove to yourself and others that you can study in China on your own, and get the life experience and maturity that comes with such an adventure? 
Great, keep doing it.

Do you want to have the best career prospects because you want to get hired as a doctor in Canada?

Maybe this is not the most direct path (but you could still make it work with some extra schooling or whatever)

In general I’m sensing that you struggle with the responsibility of life: parents can’t tell you what’s best for you because no one can, not even you. 
You’re responsible for making the decisions and for the outcomes , even though you can’t know those outcomes beforehand.

You’re the captain of your own ship, alone in the stormy ocean, and listening to advice from others and blindly following it will lead to resentment and regret.

I wish you favourable winds!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/