Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Great debate skills by Andrew Wilson, via stage blue/orange.

26 posts in this topic

This is very interesting how he actually destroys Destiny and the others, both optically and logically:

While Tristen was massively interrupting Destiny and is derailing the debate left and right, he's right that GOD has to be the metaphysical and epistemic grounding.

Edited by Danioover9000

Be careful you'll lose your life to this debating shit.

@Alex M

53 minutes ago, Alex M said:

Be careful you'll lose your life to this debating shit.

Do you have any high quality debate to share in this thread?

@Alex M

11 minutes ago, Alex M said:

I do not. Debates are a distraction. 

Are debates really a distraction, when your English language, and many other western domains, are founded upon oratory debates that date back to the times of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, and Archimedes? Also, the definitions for debate is:

1. To assert, claim, and statements using corroborated evidence to support your claims.

2. To express different ideas, and exchange ideas in dialogue with opposing and differing points of view, even if in some cases it's a heated debate. 

@Danioover9000 I see you recently getting more and more interested in rhetoric and in debates.

I can share one person who I find interesting in the debateosphere. This guy is an MD (dermatologist) has a good amount of philosophy knowledge and can argue pretty well.

He debates about a wide variety of topics including covid19, nutrition, veganism, different kind of philosophy stuff etc.

He is very good at laying down both the moral and the empirical side of any topic he debates about.

Edited by zurew

@zurew

55 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Danioover9000 I see you recently getting more and more interested in rhetoric and in debates.

I can share one person who I find interesting in the debateosphere. This guy is an MD (dermatologist) has a good amount of philosophy knowledge and can argue pretty well.

He debates about a wide variety of topics including covid19, nutrition, veganism, different kind of philosophy stuff etc.

He is very good at laying down both the moral and the empirical side of any topic he debates about.

Thanks for sharing a good arguer. So far seems to me he's really good with rhetoric and debating, an also very knowledgeable and knows philosophy.

A decent debate, between pro religion versus against religion, nice to see how one side views the other, and how a side debates and argues, although in this case Andrew is yet again very solid in debating:

Keep in mind this Skylar Fiction guy on the left, is an atheist, and can't give a solid argument and does the Notsoerudite and Destiny debate tactics of word salad all over the place. I am looking forward to the Andrew vs Matt Dillahunty, and I intuitively feel that Andrew is going to repeat his strategy, of course depending if Matt has an argument or not LOL.?

Edited by Danioover9000

Found a nice one, reviewed by Andrew here and quite a long one:

This was a nice argument and debate by Saanvi, she's far more consistent with her argument than Destiny, and Destiny had to rely more on wording stuff far more, and bringing up many points irrelevant to the main argument and topic of abortion:

Nice debate by Andrew again, and how he handles the lots of weaseling and goal post changes by his opponent. Crazy:

It may be a reasonable sounding argument, but existentially it doesn't make sense so it's a bit of an awful argument:

He's giving a very simplified explanation of free will vs determinism, and stating that the 'reasons are what convinces you, not you convincing you.'. That's over simplifying other developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Carl Jung's Architypes, integral theory and other lines of societal and personal development, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family upbringing, mainstream and alternative media, social media sites, videos, tv channels, radio, news papers, adverts, community and peer pressures to conform to your group identity, and many more that shapes your world view, self biases and preferences from externalities to internalities of your MIND. So, it's insufficient that reason and logic alone moves a debater or arguer to be convinced and persuaded, it's actually SURVIVAL and the EGO MIND, and UNIVERSAL INTELLIGENCE that moves you and your views this and that way, which is lost on someone like Alex O'Connor, but everybody in that room doesn't get it yet. God realization is a very deceptive experience to have, mystical, magical, psychedelic, paranormal and supernatural experiences and mostly post rational, not rational or pre rational. That's completely going over all their heads how this duality between the arguer/arguments, and debater/debate, is a big duality.