Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schizophonia

(Insomnia) Mirtazapine saved my life.

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It's a catch 22, it totally fixes my insomnia but makes me stupid.
Next experiment: H1 antihistamine with very short half-life, like benadryl.

Old generation H1- antihistamines do have annoying side effects. Worth a try, but I had bad experiences perscribing those.

If Mirta helps, maybe try Trimipramine, Quetiapine or maybe even Daridorexant.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

30 minutes ago, undeather said:

Old generation H1- antihistamines do have annoying side effects. Worth a try, but I had bad experiences perscribing those.

If Mirta helps, maybe try Trimipramine, Quetiapine or maybe even Daridorexant.

Mirtazapine is above all a very powerful anti-histamine at 15 mg.
But it has a half-life of at least 20 hours, so I often feel stupid with a mild migraine during the day.

Benadryl has a low half-life of supposedly 6 hours, which is why I mentioned it.
I don't want to touch any medication that decreases dopamine.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia Can you tell me all the prescriptions you tried that are not worth getting prescribed in your opinion? because I'm going to the doctor tommorow

I've had insomnia for over a year now, which made me really retarded lol. 

On 30/10/2023 at 4:17 PM, Growly said:

@Schizophonia Can you tell me all the prescriptions you tried that are not worth getting prescribed in your opinion? because I'm going to the doctor tommorow

I've had insomnia for over a year now, which made me really retarded lol. 

I understand, insomnia puts the brain into a state of hibernation.

Honestly everything I tried was a catch 22 at one point or another.

What I found :

--Sleep is not a drop in energy, it is a shift of energy towards a second state of consciousness via a reduction in alertness.

The biggest bullshit is that you need to do more sport/physical activity. If you are insomniac this will especially increase adrenaline levels. I also noticed that fap made me lethargic (before cumming) because the increase in excitement greatly reduces alertness. Some antidepressants (especially Mirtazapine) or even antipsychotics (especially seroquel) because they reduce histamine and serotonin much more than they decrease dopamine signaling. Btw, noradrenaline is essential to initiate the acetylation of serotonin (into metalonin) and supposedly (if we are to believe the controversial work of Professors Fourtillan) of the acetylation of Serotonin into 6 methoxy harmalan OR valentonine depending on the moment of the day.

In short, it is a state of high available energy, rich in dopamine, which will allow synergy with other neurotransmitters involved in the circadian rhythm and the accumulation of beta amyloid/adenosine due to physical and mental efforts (reduction of orexin, increased melatonin, valentonin?…) to plunge into this hypnotic, drowsy, cottony state where your mind loses and allows you to plunge into sleep, very close to what one would expect of a micro dose of certain opioids (which are VERY dopaminergic, cqfd)

So you want to limit physical activity (occasionally) and drastically increase calories (at least 3000 calories? maybe more) to break the vicious circle of hypervigilence caused by the Histamine/Serotonin/adrenaline/cortisol axis.

If in the evening you feel that you are wired, eat 1000 calories at once.

Otherwise you expose yourself to an occasional situation of pseudo akathisia, in a situation of wiring and sometimes compulsive need to control reality by regularly checking your phone, fap/having sex etc.

The second point is born from especially not underestimating the impact of having simple sentences/words in your head during the day on alertness. Just Googling “insomnia” at 2 p.m. can help increase your alertness and potentially screw up your sleep in the evening.

For the same reason, too much effort in sleep hygiene can be problematic, I find that it must be a balance.

The last thing is to try to learn, perhaps with the help of a sleep doctor, or a guru lol, to detach from control as a performative strategy. If you are like me and you go to bed quite late, you will quickly have the reflex to be a little afraid/to get angry and try to regain control to try to perform in your sleep. But it's a trap, the only solution is to be in denial and act as if nothing happened, sincerely, but this can be very counter-intuitive and frustrating depending on your traumas.

This is where I am 👍 

Edited by Schizophonia

have you tried Kratom? First two years of my use it would nod me to sleep every night

Mirtazapin actually made it more difficult for me to fall asleep because it made my legs restless. Apparently that's a side effect you can get and it's pretty annoying.

beep boop

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Mirtazapin actually made it more difficult for me to fall asleep because it made my legs restless. Apparently that's a side effect you can get and it's pretty annoying.

What dosage? 🤔

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

15mg

The higher the dose and the more it accumulates, the more stimulating it is.
Have you tried 7.5mg?

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Schizophonia I did. I had these pills that you can break in half. Still had the same effect.

weird