Sabth

How can I make $23k?

48 posts in this topic

Identify what you enjoy doing and what would add value to people's lives. 

1) You can work out what you like doing by looking at your life experience, hobbies, part-time work, school, all of it. Find a common pattern.

2) You can find out what will add value to people's lives by looking at the market you will work in or sell to. Whether that is global on the internet, local in your area, or national. Look at the trends and what is doing well, especially if either it isn't over-saturated with competition or you know a way of doing it better than your competitors. Research your competitors.

After you have learned what you are going to do, listen to several experts in that area of business. Take all the information in, any time you can. On the way to school, in a break, at home. Saturate your mind with as much information as possible, until you know it inside out. Then start trying it, failing, improving, and eventually having success.

It's knowing yourself.
Learning. Learning and Learning.
Finding your market. Knowing your market.
Modeling those who are doing well, taking action, failing adapting, and keeping going.

Any time you say you can't do something, focus on finding a way to do it. Like you are doing here. There'll always be a problem or challenge, you'll just find bigger or better ones.

Good luck and all the best.
*If you have questions on any of these, after doing some searching yourself, feel free to ask and i'll give you a pointer. @Sabth

@Sabth plant trees for a season and work hard. On a good contract you can earn $250-500 a day. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Sabth plant trees for a season and work hard. On a good contract you can earn $250-500 a day. 

Something that is feasible to me..I don't have a mass of land.

(But my father is planting *not trees* but plants)

*It's not actually profitable to plant trees in my home area there are four fruitful trees but that's only it. We eat the fruits, sells some (which is not much) and gave to others. Now the trees are old. And has been cut down some. 

The question is how can I make $23k or even $100k?

No I just want to make 23k. 

@BlueOakI really don't know what would be valuable to people's lives...

Edited by Sabth

I want to think more about my career path. I don't currently have a career. I need to think hard on this. 

On 10/6/2023 at 4:30 AM, Sabth said:

@BlueOakI really don't know what would be valuable to people's lives...

That's your first challenge then, your first problem. It'll always be like that, you'll meet a block or challenge, and you'll need to work out how to move around it, overcome it, use or learn from it. If instead you give up, you cut yourself off from that path.

So ask, investigate. You know your local area and country far better than I ever will, that's an advantage you have. Look at what's lacking in your area, your life, and ask those around you. What are people struggling with, lacking, or needing more of? If you want to go global you can, in that case, look at a trend.

Like doing an internet search for:
Global business trends 2024, economic trends 2024, careers 2024, jobs of the future, or new business ideas 2024. Read a lot. Listen to a lot of speakers, podcasts on the subject, YouTube videos. Then you can add your country name or locality to the search. 

What adds value to people's lives is a more advanced question and slightly more specific, a better problem than your first one, it's up one step. it's always like that, you'll walk one step and be confronted with a new challenge or problem.

All this still relies on you knowing yourself, and if you don't know yourself, start learning. Start trying things, start taking personality quizzes, start asking others, reflect on your life, and look at your failures and successes and why they happened. Start learning your strengths and weaknesses, what makes you tick and what keeps you going or what repels you.

@Sabth

Edited by BlueOak

Look at this, this is where I left :

But I didn't graduate. I have completed 102/124 credit hours. Does this count? 

I actually haven't completed the green one. It's something that I do. 

I want to take another course. 

Edited by Sabth