Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjoseph90

synchronicitys, messages

9 posts in this topic

ok bit of a random post, Most times when i trip, people I havent spoken to in a while randomly message me out of the blue. I dont look at my phone while tripping but after the comedown. Happened to me a few times now.. just curious if it happens to anyone else?

It happens to me all the time. I'll find myself absentmindedly thinking about someone all day, and then bam! Before I realise, they contact me. It's so bad sometimes, that I force myself not to think too much about anyone in particular. Sometimes I like my peace.

All stories and explanations are false.

yeah law of attraction, however just recently it was 2 random people i havent spoken to in a while, from the past and never think of them then boom.. something from the subconscious maybe

1 minute ago, cjoseph90 said:

yeah law of attraction, however just recently it was 2 random people i havent spoken to in a while, from the past and never think of them then boom.. something from the subconscious maybe

Are those people trustworthy? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

15 hours ago, cjoseph90 said:

yeah law of attraction

My idea is different but the same: certain states of mind (consciousness) allow you to bend reality. In your case tripping may put you in that state. In my case it's a kind of "absentminded" state of being alert but not focused on anything. This is when the brain produces alpha waves. It's nearly like I can't force it because when I do, it breaks the state and it doesn't work.

@cjoseph90 It means YOU ARE paranormal. That's it. 

Depending on your gifts/genetics, psychedelics can put you in a state of paranormal/supernatural. In this case, you are tapping into a gift of synchronicities in a paranormal, heightened state after tripping. 

I'm not sure synchronicities exist. It could be confirmation bias. For instance, let's say you really want a specific car. You start to see it more often. Is it appearing more often because you want it, or were you just not noticing it before because you weren't thinking about it?

How often do you think of someone and they don't call you? That's probably the norm. But when it happens, we tend to assume that we somehow "attracted" that call, when it was probably just a coincidence. Do the math and you will probably find out that things like these happen very rarely and that the most common scenario is that you think of someone and they don't call you.

It's impossible to affirm that there isn't something more "paranormal" going on and I have personally experienced some pretty wild coincidences, but the easiest explanation is usually the most accurate one. 

Edited by Farnaby

2 hours ago, Farnaby said:

but the easiest explanation is usually the most accurate one. 

Occam's razor is very sharp, ouch. These two thoughts spring to mind:

How often do you think of doing something, but your body doesn't do it? And yet the times when your body does do it, we "know" that we made it happen?

How are the probabilities calculated so that we can prove confirmation bias? To do that you would need a large enough sample. Easy with cars, hard with random messages.

@Farnaby Yes, not all synchronicities are paranormal. It's quite normal to see patterns or receive calls after thinking about someone or something. However, it does exist and you'll usually know if you have experienced a synchronicity because it's felt intuitively - sometimes it's felt DEEPLY intuitively. That's the difference between a 'confirmation bias' (seeing patterns) and a synchronicity - it's felt and understood. 

Is it a 'confirmation bias' if you were thinking about your dead grandmother and then her favorite song played on the radio? 

Edited by Pudgey