Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bronsoval

Desires

6 posts in this topic

Is it truly possible to extinguish all desire?  Im not talking about the obvious desires like money, power, sex etc.  But when I'm thirsty, I desire water.  That is a basic need that we all require.  How do I not desire it?

There is only one way to know that, and it's not by asking.

EDIT: What Arkandeus said, I'm jaded this morning :P

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

to awake is to not stop playing the game of life.
you incarnated as a human for a purpose, you wanted all these desires. 

to enlighten is to realize you don't need the desires, you are complete without them. you can see this as a return to the source
but then you realize you still came here to do things, you still came here to play. from the source you go back into creation

I like this quote : ''before enlightenment, play sports, eat, sweep the floor''
                              ''after enlightenment, play sports, eat, sweep the floor''

What changes is the way you view desires. you should never take your desires as something that will complete you but you shouldn't reject them either. 
if you feel like you're in pain if you don't get a certain desire, you're too attached. 
it should literally feel like a game, a very fun and light game. 
Don't get a certain desire? who cares you're complete! get one? yay!
nothing changed, you're just playing around. 
you have to keep in mind you're a God, nothing can complete you, any desire is merely you playing around, so don't take anything seriously. 

the faster you detach you from your desires, the faster you will get access to them. 
if you're detached, you never notice when you don't get your desires...so you only notice when you get what you want, meaning you're always getting everything you want. 
you're immortal...you will realize every single of your desires and more, it's inevitable that everything you ever want, will happen. 
to detach is to transcend time, every desire will come in time, and if you don't notice the time between the desires you are always getting what you want

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Wow, so the idea is to not drop them at all, just let them flow to you as you float happily along the course of life?  I love it!!  Thank you! This is exactly the response i was looking for!

9 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

But when I'm thirsty, I desire water.  That is a basic need that we all require.  How do I not desire it?

In the Bhagavata Purana, Krishna describes the ten secondary siddhis:

1. anūrmimattvam: Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily appetites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi#Ten_secondary_siddhis

Man claims to have had no food or drink for 70 years

Indian military scientists are studying an 82-year-old who claims he has not had any food or drink for 70 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/7645857/Man-claims-to-have-had-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years.html