Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hatfort

President Biden supporting workers on strike in person

7 posts in this topic

Look at this, is it Bernie Sanders? No. It's Joe Biden, the president, literally saying he supports the workers against corporate greed. I wouldn't have said it, it's awesome. Tell me now Trump is the one with average people and the working class. Yeah, no.

Hasan Piker's cover of this rare happening:

@Hatfort

20 minutes ago, Hatfort said:

Look at this, is it Bernie Sanders? No. It's Joe Biden, the president, literally saying he supports the workers against corporate greed. I wouldn't have said it, it's awesome. Tell me now Trump is the one with average people and the working class. Yeah, no.

Hasan Piker's cover of this rare happening:

It could be another political stunt to gain more favor. Can't be too quick to trust Biden or his administration.

Biden don't get no respect. Everyone's busy acting like children.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden don't get no respect. Everyone's busy acting like children.

and the Chamber of Commerce, CEOs, and investors are very upset with Biden for taking sides with the UAW union. Unfortunately, a corporate Democrat who was the head of the auto task force in the Obama administration said that Biden shouldn't have gone to the picket line because "There’s no precedent for it. The tradition of the president is to stay neutral in these things.” He then said that Biden did this as a political move after caving in to the pressure from the progressives. I personally don't agree with that. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party have caved in too much to the influence of their corporate donors and the rich. It's high time that labor unions regain the great labor power they've lost over the past 4 to 5 decades.

@Hardkill

43 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

and the Chamber of Commerce, CEOs, and investors are very upset with Biden for taking sides with the UAW union. Unfortunately, a corporate Democrat who was the head of the auto task force in the Obama administration said that Biden shouldn't have gone to the picket line because "There’s no precedent for it. The tradition of the president is to stay neutral in these things.” He then said that Biden did this as a political move after caving in to the pressure from the progressives. I personally don't agree with that. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party have caved in too much to the influence of their corporate donors and the rich. It's high time that labor unions regain the great labor power they've lost over the past 4 to 5 decades.

It's still a political move.

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

It's still a political move.

So what? I think what Biden was a very bold move towards the vision that he campaigned on when he ran for president. He's the very first sitting US president to ever do something like this. Also one's of the core beliefs Biden has always had throughout his whole life has been to build the middle class and working class people of America, which is totally congruent with the idea of being a major supporter of labor unions. 

Labor unions and the working class in the US have been fucked over by the corporations and the spoiled rich twits for far too long. This is one big reason why the middle class in America is dying!

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill

39 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So what? I think what Biden was a very bold move towards the vision that he campaigned on when he ran for president. He's the very first sitting US president to ever do something like this. Also one's of the core beliefs Biden has always had throughout his whole life has been to build the middle class and working class people of America, which is totally congruent with the idea of being a major supporter of labor unions. 

Labor unions and the working class in the US have been fucked over by the corporations and the spoiled rich twits for far too long. This is one big reason why the middle class in America is dying!

Calm your exclamations. What I mean by a political move is not to dismiss or downplay Joe Biden or his administration a bit, putting aside my biases against him. What I mean is to not trust too readily when politicians move and act like this, Too often I see manipulative acts of kindness, so a bit of realism is needed, don't get too hyped up.

I guess it's great for a president to do this, Joe Biden, to go to that piket line or whatever and show some support for the working class and labour union, that's cool. I also consider the first president with no political background but business savvy and manipulative charm a remarkable event to also be a great moment as well, when Trump became president. Both events are remarkable, yet often people on both political sides, ignorant of development factors and manipulation dynamics would fall victimto binarh thinking, and polarise one siee over the other.