Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

Is America suffering from an educational decline?

9 posts in this topic

@Raze

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Yes, I partly agree it's a problem that tech companies have made despite good intentions.

The solution is to figure out how to home school on a state level, and to stop over consuming social media, and either stop or significantly reduce using and viewing content from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, especially Tik Tok.

People are giving internet access to their children way too early. Their attention spans at critical times of having to be focused is being taken away and its a disservice to them.

You ain't getting that attention back without a spaz fight either. Do it now or when they are adults and cannot focus on anything you wont be able to change them.

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo

36 minutes ago, Hojo said:

People are giving internet access to their children way too early. Their attention spans at critical times of having to be focused is being taken away and its a disservice to them.

You ain't getting that attention back without a spaz fight either. Do it now or when they are adults and cannot focus on anything you wont be able to change them.

Definite agree that parents should try to control when they use the internet, if it's elementary to mid schoolers it's too young to let them use the internet and use other social media platforms like they're harmless. Nope they're not, so many mental health issues from the internet/online usage and overuse of social media, from algorithms and A.I designed to hijack your limbic brain, to hook and maintain your attention via hyper stimuli, degrades attention spans leading to more attention deficit disorders, and more narcissism/self entitlement from auto beautification, more sociopathic/psychopathic behaviors from anonymity and click baits and chasing view counts, even increasing digital addiction via scrolling, clicking and animated buttons and gifs. Even the format for most of these social media sites have perverse incentives from big tech companies to pray on the mind of consumers, to make them even more susceptible to future digital hijacking of their brain, which results in a net negative for the ecology of the mental health of the masses, and other negative developmental factors. 

@Danioover9000  very true they specifically spend billion to make their product take your attention away the most. This is mind control on another level. People will never focus on god. I have seen videos of babies sleeping and moving their phone screens in their dreams. they will literally become the phone screen and taking them off will be literally like they are dying and they will be traumatized.

I am also a victim of this mind control due to my own circumstances. In  way we all are.

Edited by Hojo

I'll be honest....leftists seem incapable of recognizing that the decay of the west is maybe 75% being caused by their policies post covid. Pushing equity in schools with pressure to give passing grades to underachieving students is one small piece of the overall problem. Leftists are certainly not immune to neurotic, emotionally driven behavior, echo chamber thinking and herd behavior, and policies that are in my opinion almost certainly going to fail.

Our genetics aren't optimally equipped to handle 21st century life. That will take genetic engineering or a few thousand years of evolution yet along with the evolution of nations/cultures  low on the spiral dynamics scale...many who's immigrants are flooding the west with open arms right now unable to speak the native language with nowhere to put them.

In any case, my personal development goals include accepting it all, accepting human nature, accepting all cultures go through cycles of rise and decline. Human nature is what it is. Genetic software operating within sophisticated hardware developed by an unimaginable intelligence.

Edited by sholomar

The education system was never designed to make people more intelligent or conscious. It is designed to make people socially obedient. Social media has the potential to increase awareness more than schools, but it's up to the parents to determine what their children absorb. 

On 9/28/2023 at 6:32 PM, Reignforest said:

The education system was never designed to make people more intelligent or conscious. It is designed to make people socially obedient. Social media has the potential to increase awareness more than schools, but it's up to the parents to determine what their children absorb. 

Are you joking right? You really think that social media will help kids? It turns them into zombies