Epikur

How Often Do Men Think About The Roman Empire?

9 posts in this topic

On 24.9.2023 at 1:00 AM, LastThursday said:

DE·IMPERIO·ROMANO·NUMQUAM·COGITAVI

Caesar, Commentarii de Bello Gallico, liber I, caput 1:

**Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam Celtae, qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. Hi omnes lingua, institutis, legibus inter se differunt. Belgae longe sunt omnium Gallorum fortissimi atque humanissimi, quod saepe cum Germanis pugnando consueverunt, qui prope confines sunt, atque eos saepe vicerunt. Aquitani minus quam ceteri Gallorum frumentari solent, sed magis lacte et carne vivunt, multumque piscium edunt. **

English translation:

Caesar, Commentaries on the Gallic War, book I, chapter 1:

**All Gaul is divided into three parts, one of which the Belgae inhabit, the other the Aquitani, and the third the Celts, who in their own language are called Celts, but in ours are called Gauls. All these differ from each other in language, customs, and laws. The Belgae are by far the bravest and most warlike of all the Gauls, because they are accustomed to fighting often with the Germans, who are their neighbors, and have often defeated them. The Aquitani are less accustomed to grain-growing than the other Gauls, but live more on milk and flesh, and eat a great deal of fish. **

@Epikur

On 2023-09-23 at 3:45 PM, Epikur said:

Why the fuck do men mostly think about the roman empire? They do realize they're fantasizing about a very brutal empire right?

34 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Epikur

Why the fuck do men mostly think about the roman empire? They do realize they're fantasizing about a very brutal empire right?

Just check the comments or the AI. It is not rocket science.

Interestingly, the Aquitani were situated where the Basque regions in Gallia and Hispania, sorry I mean France and Spain, are now. 

Thanks, I can't stop thinking about the Roman Empire now.

All stories and explanations are false.

Try looking into the old world.  That entire empire might not be what we thought it was.