Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Florian

Astrology

10 posts in this topic

Some years ago I asked myself the question "is astrology real?". Then I read some stuff about the star signs and started thinking about it. I compared the stuff I read about the sign related to myself and checked if it matches up. Then I read some more and learned about elements and sexes of the signs. At some point I came to the conclusion that there is truth to it and also that the concept of astrology is actually a very very sophisticated system with infinite complexity which is why many people call is bullshit, as they just dont understand it (which in itself doesnt prove that it is true though). I see it that it could be kinda like the "spiritual DNA" of humans. I believe in biology there is different genes that server different purposes and the star signs are compareble to those. In biology you wont solely identify someone by one certain gene but I perceive it that the general opinion on astrology is that it tries doing exactly that, which makes no sense, hence it is bullshit.

I believe to be good at analysing general dynamics in system, which is what I did with astrology as decribed above. I didn't dive into the nitty gritty details of it though, I just came to the conclusion it is a system with a logical structure. There also seems to be a context as to WHY it exists (I believe it is the system behind reincarnations of "souls" and the different purposes of these reincarnations). I don't know exactly HOW it works except maybe "cosmic energies", which kinda sounds wohoo to me but also I think it makes sense that the different states of planets have an effect on each other (including the earth) and thus also what is inclusive to the earth like humans. If there are any people here that have more indepths knowledge on astrology I welcome you to post beneath this or dm me, as I am still a bit interested.

And as an end note: the reason I made this thread is because I just read a post by Leo in which he classified astrology as bullshit as an example of new age stuff that Peter Walston wants to differentiate himself from, which made triggered these memories in me. And because of that I am also interested in @Leo Guras more detailed opinion on astrology.

Note: I used the term "spiritual" DNA because thats the first thing that came to mind and in this moment I defnined spirituality with what seems to be there but is not understood. However I think maybe "cosmic" or "soul" DNA would be a better word, as people have different definitions on the word spirituality. For example I believe Leo once said Spirituality is just what is or something like that.

Edited by Florian
added note

31 minutes ago, Florian said:

I don't know exactly HOW it works except maybe "cosmic energies",

The universe has a fractal shape, so "as above, so below."  If you look into the concept of self-similarity, you'll understand.  It's not causal but an example of how the universe replicates similar appearing phenomena on different levels of scale.

34 minutes ago, Florian said:

Leo in which he classified astrology as bullshit as an example of new age stuff

New Age? It's only existed for thousands of years. He's never studied or looked into it seriously, it's another one of his hot takes.

7 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

The universe has a fractal shape, so "as above, so below."  If you look into the concept of self-similarity, you'll understand.  It's not causal but an example of how the universe replicates similar appearing phenomena on different levels of scale.

I'll look into it, thx :)

10 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

So are you saying the concept of self-similarity in relation to the planets is the HOW behind astrology?

Yeah.  The planets aren't causing anything, it's just the universe is shaped in such a way that there's symmetry at different levels of scale.

More like Astro-make believe am I right? Ha

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@SeaMonster

2 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Yeah.  The planets aren't causing anything, it's just the universe is shaped in such a way that there's symmetry at different levels of scale.

I see

On 17.9.2023 at 11:41 PM, PurpleTree said:

You‘re such a pisces

I mean I am yes, did you look at my profile or was that a professional guess?

Edit: I dont even have my date of birth on my profile anymore lol, so you guessed it?

Edited by Florian

5 hours ago, Florian said:

I mean I am yes, did you look at my profile or was that a professional guess?

Edit: I dont even have my date of birth on my profile anymore lol, so you guessed it?

Yea just a guess and a joke :)