trenton

Emotional mastery in schools

16 posts in this topic

I have been considering a different route for my life purpose. Currently, I am working with a chess in schools program. However, I could do more good for the students if emotional mastery were taught in schools instead of chess. The closest thing to this goal I found is isha inner engineering by Sadhguru. 

I have considered this route before. I was stumped because I don't know how to change the educational system. If I went to college I think my major would be politics with minors in philosophy and psychology. The problem is, I don't know what to do next. How do I go about changing something like this?

I happen to be passionate about this issue because I know that I found something that could prevent suicide. It is a combination of spirituality, psychology, philosophy, and other fields. It may include cognitive behavioral therapy, which has good empirical evidence for reducing self harm.

A lot of this came up while I was in the hospital due to withdrawal symptoms from anti depressants. I was able to apply what I learned from this site in a way that made group therapy more effective. This includes a bible study in which I helped a woman who lost both her children recently.

I clearly have the potential to go far in this direction, but I don't know how. Should I go to college? Should I join a movement? Should I join isha engineering? Should I do more inner work on myself to be better qualified to teach it? Should I write a book? Should I restructure the educational system? Where do I go with this life purpose?

27 minutes ago, trenton said:

I happen to be passionate about this issue because I know that I found something that could prevent suicide.

If you genuinely have a method that can prevent suicide/ cure depression, then you have a product worth infinite value. Your issue is simply how to market it. You should find 10 people who are struggling with depression/ suicidal ideation, cure them, have them write testimonials for your services then use their examples to find paying clients. You could also share these methods in the form of youtube videos or a course or something to build a personal brand around curing depression, basically a life coach

I clearly have the potential to go far in this direction, but I don't know how. Should I go to college? Should I join a movement? Should I join isha engineering? Should I do more inner work on myself to be better qualified to teach it? Should I write a book? Should I restructure the educational system? Where do I go with this life purpose?

Become truly educated. School, college, won't do that for you. I'd only recommend college for someone with a specific route in mind that requires a degree in a specialized field - the sciences mostly. Going to college for philosophy would be a waste of time and money.

The way school 'educates' is by having you memorize and recite the 'correct' ideas. It's the opposite of thinking for yourself, which an educated person does. Not to say it's unimportant to take inspiration and ideas from others, it is important, but take their ideas as a 'maybe', and decide for yourself over time how true they are. That's a tricky thing to do though since we're brought up to swallow up ideas and regurgitate them while truly believing they're our own opinions - they're not, it's just a habit of believing in the truth of authority figures.

For emotional mastery/sports psychology (which tend to go hand in hand), check out:

The Inner Game of Tennis

Zen and the Art of Archery

@trenton  I would encourage you to study up on Rudolf Steiner's work and achievements.

He was a mystic who had a big vision for change in the education system.

He started his own brand of schools and they are still alive and kicking (they're called Waldorf schools)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_education

If you really want to play big, you could emulate him.

Untitled.png

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

12 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

@SaWaSaurus Fuck sadhguru. he is a con artist. why does anyone wanna take him seriously.

Why do you think this?

@SaWaSaurus

I often struggled to bring spirituality and chess together. Part of the problem is that chess gives too much credit to thinking and not enough credit to attention. If you pay really close attention during a chess game you will start to find moves you don't normally consider.

As Einstein said, we live in a society that values the servant and forgets the gift. The gift is intuition and the servant is rational thought.

Finding a bridge between board games and a higher life calling would be ideal so I don't have to give up anything in the process.

@flowboy I considered starting my own schools before. That would be closer to the scale I'm aiming for. I'm not as interested in becoming a therapist and working with people one at a time. If emotional mastery were taught in schools it would be a more efficient way of reaching large numbers of people. Learning how to start my own schools would be one way to tie everything together.

I did make my own video on emotional mastery. I could make more videos like these.

On 7/9/2023 at 0:03 PM, flowboy said:

@trenton  I would encourage you to study up on Rudolf Steiner's work and achievements.

He was a mystic who had a big vision for change in the education system.

He started his own brand of schools and they are still alive and kicking (they're called Waldorf schools)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_education

If you really want to play big, you could emulate him.

Untitled.png

he is an occultist , mason . Avoid him

Edited by Ramanujan

@trentonNice video.

Your video has a good intellectual viewpoint on emotional mastery. I would advise you to also take up meditation and rest more instead of overthinking things.

4 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

he is an occultist , mason . Avoid him

Lol. he was a genius visionary and had a huge beneficial impact on the world. Not sure why 'occult' means bad to you, seems a bit paranoid

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 10/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, flowboy said:

Lol. he was a genius visionary and had a huge beneficial impact on the world.

Those who go and learn from his teachings and spend time with students say it is occult and he is an occultist

On 10/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, flowboy said:

Not sure why 'occult' means bad to you, seems a bit paranoid

pedophilia, running naked in forest, drinking blood, sacrifising childs and other animals, etc is bad . occult has this stuff in it

@Ramanujan  You're right, my bad. I suppose we should ignore biodynamic farming and other world changing inventions because he was interested in the spirit world. And clearly that means that he sacrificed children.

I have nothing to say to such idiocy and ignorance. Shame on you.