LoneWonderer

When I'm at a low point...

4 posts in this topic

When I'm at a low point which is very often I think the following thought:

Soon I'll be dead. And this paradoxically cheers me up. I realize how short our time here is. I realize that time is an illusion and that truly I'll be dead soon. 30, 40 years will pass really fast (time doesn't exist). 

And when I think that soon I'll be dead I become present. I stop thinking about all my BS...I become hyper present in the here and now. I see the colors of autumn like I did when when I was a child. I feel the love for the world and it's beauty.

I see how it is not worth it to spend my life chasing fake illusions. I realize I must bring as much love as I can into the lives of others. I must help heal this world. Nothing else is worth it. Practically for the average joe this means that you do what you well can (volunteer on the weekends, send money to charity, quit your job in oil and get a job planting trees). You give back for all you have taken. You give more love back to this world.

Simple exercise: Remind yourself that soon in the present moment you shall die. Time does not exist. You don't have 20,30 or 50 years left. You only have right now. Go for a walk and look at the people, the nature. Realize this is all there is. And maybe even if just for a moment your sadness shall lift. 

Peace and love to y'all. 

Edited by LoneWonderer

Welcome to the daily life of a self-actualizer. Work on finding a sense of appreciation and contentment with the things you have aversion to. :))

• Feminist 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:28 AM, PurpleTree said:

Don’t feel good today so I’m trying it 

How about now?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI