Charlotte

Stuck in fight or flight

5 posts in this topic

I'm now in the third year of what seems like my body/mind are stuck in a fight or flight response. I can literally observe the irrational psychology and physiological reactions but also be aware they're completely illusory and irrational. It's almost like I there is 2 sides of me: the fight or flight response, and the observer of the response. This seemed to occur after an accident involving my dog so it could be PTSD related. However, no matter how much I meditate, partake in breathwork, etc etc this response is more or less always there.... Even in the subtleties ways in everyday life (remember Leo's video whereby he mentions everyday micro fears?, Think that)

I am pursuing EMDR again as it's extremely effective, however the waiting time is significantly long. Do you have any practical tried and tested advice I can apply in the meantime? 

❤️

@Charlotte cranialsacral therapy, somatic experiencing, acupuncture, yoga would be my recommendations

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Is it some sort of chronic anxiety? 

Anxiety can build up in the body along the years and it becomes very difficult to release it out of the body.

You should do some dissociatves or psychedelics. All other things are games compared to those.

20 hours ago, Raze said:

Try trauma release and yoga 

I do yoga. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into trauma release.

15 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Charlotte cranialsacral therapy, somatic experiencing, acupuncture, yoga would be my recommendations

I do 2 of the four you mention, I'll look into the others. Thank you. 

41 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Is it some sort of chronic anxiety? 

Anxiety can build up in the body along the years and it becomes very difficult to release it out of the body.

You should do some dissociatves or psychedelics. All other things are games compared to those.

I'll look into that thank you very much.