SQAAD

Can I use this Drug together with Modafinil?

10 posts in this topic

I take olanzopine & lorazepam before sleep. I was prescribed these drugs for a short period of time by my psychiatrist. 

Anyways I am also taking 200mg modafinil (not prescribed) only at morning. 

I haven't felt anything wrong or weird in my direct experience. Only one day when I drank too much coffee I felt my heart a lil bit weird but nothing serious. 

The reason I'm afraid is because lorazepam calms the nervous system while Modafinil does the exact opposite. And both drugs have long half lives. 

I don't feel anything bad though. Also how many people for example smoke weed while they drink coffee. And they have no issues. 

Should I be Worried? 

22 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Anyways I am also taking 200mg modafinil (not prescribed) only at morning. 

How long have you been taking modafinil daily? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Look, these are questions you should ask your doctor. Don't make us feel responsible if something bad happens to you from mixing drugs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, you can take those drugs together. 
However, if you are experiencing side effects (like the one mentioned in your other thread), please consult your local healthcare provider asap. You might need a dose adjustment or reevaluation.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

What @Leo Gura said...

But if you have sleeping problems then maybe modafinil isn't the best idea for now.
I can't say it's safe for you but they indeed have opposite effects on the CNS; I imagine they could cancel eachother out somewhat.

I also recommend you come up with a plan to slowly reduce the dosage of the benzodiazepines (preferably with your doctor). Then you won't have this problem anymore. If you have sleeping problems I suggest you could also look into Yoga Nidra (here's an interesting book: https://www.amazon.com/Nidra-Re-print-Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati/dp/8185787123/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=yoga+nidra&qid=1691847894&sr=8-2

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@integral

8 hours ago, integral said:

How long have you been taking modafinil daily? 

3 days

@Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Look, these are questions you should ask your doctor. Don't make us feel responsible if something bad happens to you from mixing drugs.

I just want extra information. And to be honest even if I ask my doctor she probably won't have a clue.... 

I don't feel like I am mixing these drugs but I understand your point. 

I specifically take one drug at morning and the other at night. The half life is long but from experience.. I feel Modafinil working for about 8 hours. 

This whole half life thing doesn't make much sense when you don't even feel the drug working anymore. 

Also how many people are there who take benzos and also drink coffee that have no problems whatsoever. 

I don't feel anything weird. 

If you were to mix cocaine and heroin then yeah that could make your heart stop supposedly. But even then it usually doesn't happen. 

@undeather

3 hours ago, undeather said:

Yes, you can take those drugs together. 
However, if you are experiencing side effects (like the one mentioned in your other thread), please consult your local healthcare provider asap. You might need a dose adjustment or reevaluation.

Thank you. I am just scared because I have been watching videos about stories of drug addiction. 

And there is this term called speedballing. Where you inject together at the same time heroin & meth/cocaine. 

Supposedly this is a very dangerous combination because one drug tells your body to go go go and the other one is an extreme downer. 

I don't know how much truth is behind this rumor. 

But I believe that if someone were to take anti anxiety medication and also drink coffee at the same time, he would have no problems whatsoever. 

In fact there are probably millions who do this every single day. 

Edited by SQAAD

@ItsNick

3 hours ago, ItsNick said:

What @Leo Gura said...

But if you have sleeping problems then maybe modafinil isn't the best idea for now.
I can't say it's safe for you but they indeed have opposite effects on the CNS; I imagine they could cancel eachother out somewhat.

I also recommend you come up with a plan to slowly reduce the dosage of the benzodiazepines (preferably with your doctor). Then you won't have this problem anymore. If you have sleeping problems I suggest you could also look into Yoga Nidra (here's an interesting book: https://www.amazon.com/Nidra-Re-print-Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati/dp/8185787123/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=yoga+nidra&qid=1691847894&sr=8-2

I've made significant & rapid changes in a very short time and had an awakening . This resulted in me sleeping only 3 hours a day. I didn't have problems going to sleep though. 

I was just full of energy almost all the time. My body for some reason wasn't letting me sleep more. 

That's why I was prescribed these drugs to sleep more hours. 

I'm very careful about using them strategically like I have in the past. 

And yes even the doctor told me that soon we're gonna come off the benzos. 

I don't wish to be dependent on any drug and I respect these drugs very much. 

I believe benzos are great drugs if used for 1-2 months very very sparingly. If used for more than 2-6 months, then you really get dependent and its no good. Also if you use them for like 6 months it can be dangerous to come off. 

I've used benzos once before . I took Valium at low doses for a month straight. Then stopped with zero issues whatsoever. 

I believe these drugs could be used strategically in super difficult times for a short period of time with no issues. 

Edited by SQAAD

59 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@undeather

Thank you. I am just scared because I have been watching videos about stories of drug addiction. 

And there is this term called speedballing. Where you inject together at the same time heroin & meth/cocaine. 

Supposedly this is a very dangerous combination because one drug tells your body to go go go and the other one is an extreme downer. 

I don't know how much truth is behind this rumor. 

But I believe that if someone were to take anti anxiety medication and also drink coffee at the same time, he would have no problems whatsoever. 

In fact there are probably millions who do this every single day. 

Thank god we are dealing with pharmaceuticals and not street drugs :D

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke