Razard86

The Purpose of The Ego

36 posts in this topic

The Ego is not evil, the ego just starts out dysfunctional. So what is the purpose of the ego? The Purpose of the Ego is to capture some personal individuated definition of what it knows from personal lived experience to be the highest expression of God and seek to express that in the most expansive way possible. For me, the aspect of God that I believe to be the highest is Beauty. I believe the highest expression of Love is to see its beauty, and that life is a game where God plays hide and seek with itself in showcasing its beauty to itself.

It took many years for me to come to this insight, I now know what my mission, my purpose in life is. My purpose my mission is to share the beauty of God with all, illuminate the personal individuated beauty that all of creation has to the best of my ability. You are all beautiful, all of your expressions are Perfect Beauty being expressed and the only confusion comes from preference/bias. 

The Ego's job is to capture/snapshot a portion of Infinity and take it for itself. Leo demonized permanence, demonized the ego's desire to freeze Infinity, but it must be this way. Why? Because the individuated self is not large enough to fully express the Absolute so it must capture a part for itself and express it. As all the parts collectively catch and express their portion the Absolute's Will is then fully expressed through all of its SELF/selfs. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Razard86 

I love your determination and willingness to understand these usually confusing topics about the Ego. ♥ 

These 2 videos both hit the nail on the head.....it's obvious that both Leo & Aaron put a lot of time and work into making them!

♥ 

- Cheers my friend !

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

God playing hide and seek is another illusion. See, your mind has to make a reason why this phenomena exists, so it has pursued you to think of that. Anything that you can think with your brain is not it.

When you meditate what happens?  You shut off that mind, then there's no questions nor answers, no reasons, not looking for reasons, just pure awareness.

The purpose of your life? The purpose is what you give it. Do you have any purposes in your dreams?

If this is all a dream and there's no one, you're just making some random purpose and playing with yourself all along. 

You're developing spritual ego.

Stay ignorant and play the game or wake up

Edited by Anonman90

Man yall project too much, spiritual ego? LOL yall are the ones creating stuff. 

1. Spirituality has this fear of the ego which makes me laugh. The ego is not evil AGAIN, it is dysfunctional but its not evil.

2. The Ego's purpose is to understand the individual perspective, and then awaken to the Union of the ABSOLUTE, TOTALITY. Without an ego, THERE IS NO AWAKENING!!! Without an ego, there is no individual conscious experience and nothing to wake up too.

So all this demonization at a certain point in your maturity you need to let this demonization, this self-hatred you have, GO. It's a barrier!!! I keep telling you all on these forums let that egoic self-hatred go.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Anonman90 said:

God playing hide and seek is another illusion. See, your mind has to make a reason why this phenomena exists, so it has pursued you to think of that. Anything that you can think with your brain is not it.

When you meditate what happens?  You shut off that mind, then there's no questions nor answers, no reasons, not looking for reasons, just pure awareness.

The purpose of your life? The purpose is what you give it. Do you have any purposes in your dreams?

If this is all a dream and there's no one, you're just making some random purpose and playing with yourself all along. 

You're developing spritual ego.

Stay ignorant and play the game or wake up

1. You are the one who is ignorant. Ask questions to gain understanding your new here and talking like you know something.

2. You questioned my own purpose...if I give my purpose to be something then that is my purpose. 

3. Learn to actually gain understanding before you respond, you have revealed yourself to be a non listening sanctimonious, parroting preachy user. You trying to teach me something I already know, and instead of actually trying to figure out what I am saying you try to tell me what I am saying. This is why new users annoy me, because yall take one post a person says and instead of reading their other posts to gain understanding you take one post, and with limited understanding projectile vomit all of your assumptions.

The hide and seek is a poetic way of saying that God likes to surprise itself. But because you are a close-minded biased user you take that one saying and demonize it. Look at you, you have much to learn. 

the purpose of the ego is evolution. It is the work of absolute genius. Until the human, life evolves in a physical way. In a hostile environment, changes in the DNA are the means of survival, which brings a progressive increase in complexity. from bacteria to elephant in a few million years.

the ego is the tool 2.0. From the dynamics of the pack, solidarity and leadership, the human emerges, with perfectly designed software to initiate a new mode of evolution, evolution through the mind. Not physical or tangible. the creation of the collective ego through language. the mixture between the solidarity of the clan and the tribe, to the ruthless competition with those outside the clan, which emulates the fight of the animal with the environment. Due to competition, war, humans recreate the wild natural environment but increase their evolutionary stimulus by millions. the speed is exponential. the possibilities, total.

the human has the potential to dominate reality, shape it, understand it completely. The ego will be transcended when it's not useful anymore, not before, and I suppose that only to a certain point, although who knows what the future of humanity will be like

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the purpose of the ego is evolution. It is the work of absolute genius. Until the human, life evolves in a physical way. In a hostile environment, changes in the DNA are the means of survival, which brings a progressive increase in complexity. from bacteria to elephant in a few million years.

the ego is the tool 2.0. From the dynamics of the pack, solidarity and leadership, the human emerges, with perfectly designed software to initiate a new mode of evolution, evolution through the mind. Not physical or tangible. the creation of the collective ego through language. the mixture between the solidarity of the clan and the tribe, to the ruthless competition with those outside the clan, which emulates the fight of the animal with the environment. Due to competition, war, humans recreate the wild natural environment but increase their evolutionary stimulus by millions. the speed is exponential. the possibilities, total.

the human has the potential to dominate reality, shape it, understand it completely. The ego will be transcended when it's not useful anymore, not before, and I suppose that only to a certain point, although who knows what the future of humanity will be like

I think every human will transcend the ego, at the end everything will be opened up for you. You will be like god in earthly physical form, you will see that everything is you and you will be the boss of your dominion shaping your dominion to your wants.  But "god" will still be above you, and you will have the ability to merge with it again. And from there on, i don't understand.

As the bible says :  as our recognition of this aware presence grows from day to day

And to me it's pretty clear that my path is following the bible path automatically, so liberation awaits at one point.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

14 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

I think every human will transcend the ego, at the end everything will be opened up for you. You will be like god in earthly physical form, you will see that everything is you and you will be the boss of your dominion shaping your dominion to your wants.  But "god" will still be above you, and you will have the ability to merge with it again. And from there on, i don't understand.

As the bible says :  as our recognition of this aware presence grows from day to day

And to me it's pretty clear that my path is following the bible path automatically, so liberation awaits at one point.

You should look into Neville Goddard.

He says once you truly understand that you're God and this is all an illusion, you lose all your desires here. 

Edited by Anonman90

13 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

It seems that the road is going in that direction, but for that to happen, the gears must fit perfectly. It is a subtle process, more complicated than it seems. I believe that it is necessary to understand in a deep way, or else we will get stuck in false exits

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

It seems that the road is going in that direction, but for that to happen, the gears must fit perfectly. It is a subtle process, more complicated than it seems. I believe that it is necessary to understand in a deep way, or else we will get stuck in false exits

Nope, we don't have free will since our consciousness and knowledge is being put a limit on, not by our will of this body. Our path is already set to go to the right path. Just as you take LSD or any other consciousness increasing drug, and suddenly you find yourself in profound new consciousness and understanding. 

That's why all the masters say don't think about your future or past, don't worry, trust in god, and many other things... Too much evidence...

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

1 minute ago, Jowblob said:

Nope, we don't have free will since our consciousness and knowledge is being put a limit on, not by our will of this body. Our path is already set to go to the right path. Just as you take LSD or any other consciousness increasing drug, and suddenly you find yourself in profound new consciousness and understanding. 

That's why all the masters say don't think about your future or past, don't worry, trust in god, and many other things... Too much evidence...

that's what you think. What I believe is that this is a natural evolutionary process, and only those who are prepared for it will make the cut. There is nothing mystical about it. or rather, absolutely everything is mystical. understanding is the key, whether it is predestined or not is none of my business, my job is to dig deeper and avoid deception. nothing is guaranteed, just my drive to get the work done

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

that's what you think. What I believe is that this is a natural evolutionary process, and only those who are prepared for it will make the cut. There is nothing mystical about it. or rather, absolutely everything is mystical. understanding is the key, whether it is predestined or not is none of my business, my job is to dig deeper and avoid deception. nothing is guaranteed, just my drive to get the work done

It is not, as yogananda has said the creative god thoughts happen at god level. Humans simply make use of what is already there. Seems like you're going down on the path that you used to be unfortunately.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

8 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

It is not, as yogananda has said the creative god thoughts happen at god level. Humans simply make use of what is already there. Seems like you're going down on the path that you used to be unfortunately.

what that guy says doesn't matter to me, any idea is limitation. There comes a point where you have to forget any idea, yogananda, leo and everyone. Only your intuition can guide you, and mine says: open up to rhe now, understand at a deep level, free yourself from all limits. Nobody is enlightened, nobody did this work before me. Nobody even exist. Everything depends on me. Just me can do the thing. The reality must be opened. 

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

what that guy says doesn't matter to me, any idea is limitation. There comes a point where you have to forget any idea, yogananda, leo and everyone. Only your intuition can guide you, and mine says: open up to rhe now, understand at a deep level, free yourself from all limits. Nobody is enlightened, nobody did this work before me. Nobody even exist. Everything depends on me. Just me can do the thing. The reality must be opened. 

Yogananda is a master that is you, like all the different masters that were in existence. These masters are you from a higher level that are guiding you. The reason there are no masters in our world is because you're the only god that put your previous selfs as a construct to help guide yourself. You not listening to your previous higher forms of self is you denying god and yourself. But whatever man, it's up to you to do what you want. 

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

31 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

Yogananda is a master that is you, like all the different masters that were in existence. These masters are you from a higher level that are guiding you. The reason there are no masters in our world is because you're the only god that put your previous selfs as a construct to help guide yourself. You not listening to your previous higher forms of self is you denying god and yourself. But whatever man, it's up to you to do what you want. 

maybe what you say is true and until now listening to teachers has seemed toxic to me, mental contamination, but at a given moment it would be wise to listen to them. Let's see.

@Jowblob anyway, Since you give me possibly useful advice, I'll give you another: don't give in to your fear. All that stuff about the void is very intimidating, terrifying rather. you have to come back again and again. If something scares you, that's where you should hit. going on a deep trip and conceptualizing it for a whole year is a mistake, I say this from experience. there is no need to procrastinate, we have to breakthrough, again and again.

Right from the first sentence there is a mistaken perception, the ego isn't dysfunctional, it functions exactly as it does.

What may be dysfunctional is the concepts, ideas, emotional responses and self perceptions it employs as it does what it does.

The very manner it functions in can be used to remedy the dysfunction of the content it employs so that we can heal in a holistic way.

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Right from the first sentence there is a mistaken perception, the ego isn't dysfunctional, it functions exactly as it does.

What may be dysfunctional is the concepts, ideas, emotional responses and self perceptions it employs as it does what it does.

The very manner it functions in can be used to remedy the dysfunction of the content it employs so that we can heal in a holistic way.

There is no mistaken perception, the ego is dysfunctional. It functions exactly as it does, is not at odds with what I said. When a baby is taking its first steps those steps are dysfunctional, which means they do not function in the manner they are supposed to, but at the same time it functions exactly as it does because the baby has to pass through dysfunctionality before it can become functional.

I'm really getting tired of you all trying to correct something that doesn't need to be corrected. Again, seek to understand before you seek to correct. The ego is dysfunctional this is why it has to go through a DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS to achieve proper functionality. Also stop this ego transcendence talk, AGAIN you do not transcend the ego because the ego is ESSENTIAL to the human experience. As long as you reside in the human form you will have an EGO. 

The EGO is your psychological story, but it is more than just that, it is also the totality of all lived experience you have gone through in your current human form. For you to lose your ego, you would have to completely forget the entire human story. The point of awakening is to realize your true identity as the I AM, but that does not erase the egoic identity or the story that is attached to it. 

31 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

There is no mistaken perception, the ego is dysfunctional. It functions exactly as it does, is not at odds with what I said. When a baby is taking its first steps those steps are dysfunctional, which means they do not function in the manner they are supposed to, but at the same time it functions exactly as it does because the baby has to pass through dysfunctionality before it can become functional.

I'm really getting tired of you all trying to correct something that doesn't need to be corrected. Again, seek to understand before you seek to correct. The ego is dysfunctional this is why it has to go through a DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS to achieve proper functionality. Also stop this ego transcendence talk, AGAIN you do not transcend the ego because the ego is ESSENTIAL to the human experience. As long as you reside in the human form you will have an EGO. 

The EGO is your psychological story, but it is more than just that, it is also the totality of all lived experience you have gone through in your current human form. For you to lose your ego, you would have to completely forget the entire human story. The point of awakening is to realize your true identity as the I AM, but that does not erase the egoic identity or the story that is attached to it. 

A child's first steps are not dysfunctional, they function exactly as they do...they are the first steps and may not resemble the steps in the middle of the walk in life but can often resemble the last steps of the walk in life. Which is an interesting topic for another time. This doesn't make them dysfunctional, just part of the journey.

It seems you have mistakenly perceived that the steps along a developmental process are a 'dysfunction' because they are not in a form that you apparently think is the only functional one. Although, I wouldn't call this mistaken perception you have as dysfunctional, it's just the first steps in a walk of perceptual life.

Not only do I understand what you are saying, I understand what you eventually will be saying if you continue along the walk of perceptual life. That is, unless you set up your soap box at this particular unfinished point and preach it as the 'truth' without progressing any further.

You behave very much like your spiritual guru does on their own forum, every new revelation is the absolute truth and nothing is higher. That is, until there is another 'awakening' and then that is the absolute truth and nothing higher. When will this pattern be recognized for what it is?

These are all steps in a journey that can actually be transcended to see the whole path if someone isn't attached to any one particular step along the way.

Edited by SOUL

I just had another awakening, this awakening revealed to me the true identity of what the ego is. Your ego is your desire to survive, it is the strongest part of you, and it is completely innocent. The ego= PURE INNOCENCE. All it wants to do is survive, all it wants to do is live.

Your ego= Your determination, Your never say die, it is the fight within you to overcome all obstacles.