Buck Edwards

Bipolar and Trauma

12 posts in this topic

@Buck Edwards

Was he beaten/left behind by his parents? All the bipolar men I've known have had pretty mean parents (especially a father), maybe I'm just biased.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia well most mental illnesses start that way. Either genetically or because of brutal parenting that brings permanent changes in neural connections, pathways and overall worldview. Mental illness is a complex brain process. I like what Carl Richard said the other day about people's struggles the other day. He was on point. Will link his post later. 

4 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

@Schizophonia well most mental illnesses start that way. Either genetically or because of brutal parenting that brings permanent changes in neural connections, pathways and overall worldview. Mental illness is a complex brain process. I like what Carl Richard said the other day about people's struggles the other day. He was on point. Will link his post later

Cool.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 8/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, Buck Edwards said:

My sibling is suffering bipolar. And it's important she identifies it early as possible 

My friend has bipolar and is studying psych as her major. Her family told her not to do it because it wouldn’t be a high paying career, but she said fuck it and followed her passion anyway.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI