Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Redeemer

Good and Evil dissolving

13 posts in this topic

I have no concept of good and evil anymore. I am confused. It all seems relative.

Easy I'll drop your confusion. Something that causes pain and suffering is evil.

It is all relative.

If some monster took you, me and your friend hostage, Saw-style, and said you need to kill either me or your friend and then you and whoever you save can leave, are you evil for killing me? Ordinarily we'd say yes but within this context you had no choice and you also saved a life. So does that make you unfathomably good because you saved a life and did the unthinkable to do so? Maybe.

You could have killed yourself instead, I suppose. Then we could say that means you're good because you didn't impose death on anybody else. But actually you did, because this Jigsaw guy is gonna kill both me and your friend now because you didn't play the game. So you're even more evil for killing yourself instead of one of us!

And so on and so on. We can look at it from all these different perspectives and they are all partial and all relative.

Edited by PlayOnWords

4 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Easy I'll drop your confusion. Something that causes pain and suffering is evil.

It's just an association in your head, nothing tangible.

The real question is what prevents me from doing "evil" if it makes me happy?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

It's just an association in your head, nothing tangible.

The real question is what prevents me from doing "evil" if it makes me happy?

Associations are useful. Suffering bad is one I suggest everyone make use of, otherwise you'll walk into walls for the rest of your existence. 

1 hour ago, Holykael said:

That would imply that you believe that pain and suffering are inherently evil. 

Edited by The Redeemer

1 hour ago, PlayOnWords said:

It is all relative.

If some monster took you, me and your friend hostage, Saw-style, and said you need to kill either me or your friend and then you and whoever you save can leave, are you evil for killing me? Ordinarily we'd say yes but within this context you had no choice and you also saved a life. So does that make you unfathomably good because you saved a life and did the unthinkable to do so? Maybe.

You could have killed yourself instead, I suppose. Then we could say that means you're good because you didn't impose death on anybody else. But actually you did, because this Jigsaw guy is gonna kill both me and your friend now because you didn't play the game. So you're even more evil for killing yourself instead of one of us!

And so on and so on. We can look at it from all these different perspectives and they are all partial and all relative.

Exactly it is all relative. 

You can do whatever you want.

Anything that has happened has already occurred.

23 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Yes yes yes yes. Me too. The distinct blurring. 

What would happen if every human being on the planet were enlightened?

10 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

There will be no prisons. 

It would be absolute paradise.

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

Or it would be absolute hell. 

Hell is my paradise