Oliver Wright

ridiculously high teacher

11 posts in this topic

Anybody else read this guy Meher baba?

one of the most pure teachings I have found. Lots of stuff on God-realisation and Love. Have a look at his God speaks book. Here are some quotes from him:

"Love has to spring spontaneously from within and it is no way amenable to any form of inner or outer force. Love and coercion can never go together; but though love cannot be forced on anyone, It can be awakened in him through love itself. Love is essentially self communicative; Those who do not have it catch it from those who have it. True love is unconquerable and irresistible, And it goes on gathering power and spreading itself, Until eventually it transforms everyone whom it touches."

“What is the meaning of God-Realization? It means to become one with God. By thinking and imagining, one can never become one with God. Union is possible only after the death of thoughts and imagination — the mind must die."

“How does a person know that he has realized God? It is automatic. You are a human being. Do you ever think to yourself, `Am I a human being?´ You do not ask yourself this because you are a human being. In the same way, once a man realizes God, he spontaneously knows that he is God. He has the full experience of it by personal experience.”

“About the New Life Meher Baba wrote:
This New Life is endless, and even after my physical death it will be kept alive by those who live the life of complete renunciation of falsehood, lies, hatred, anger, greed and lust; and who, to accomplish all this, do no lustful actions, do no harm to anyone, do no backbiting, do not seek material possessions or power, who accept no homage, neither covet honor nor shun disgrace, and fear no one and nothing; by those who rely wholly and solely on God, and who love God purely for the sake of loving; who believe in the lovers of God and in the reality of Manifestation, and yet do not expect any spiritual or material reward; who do not let go the hand of Truth, and who, without being upset by calamities, bravely and wholeheartedly face all hardships with one hundred percent cheerfulness, and give no importance to caste, creed and religious ceremonies. This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it.”

Sounds like religion. ;)

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Yep, Meher Baba was presumably a deeply awake teacher.

Edited by UnbornTao

Is he? Its the most basic spiritual concepts every Turquoise guru talks about. 99% of people need spirituality thought to them from the lens of yellow not turquoise. Most gurus only communicate from turquoise and it goes 100x over peoples heads. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 8/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, integral said:

Is he? Its the most basic spiritual concepts every Turquoise guru talks about. 

The key is how deeply conscious a teacher is, not the terminology and concepts he uses. Otherwise, anyone could parrot the right words and fool others into thinking he knows what he's talking about.

Is he coming from intellect and beliefs or from authentic experience? That's the key.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 8/2/2023 at 2:18 PM, Oliver Wright said:

"Love has to spring spontaneously from within and it is no way amenable to any form of inner or outer force. Love and coercion can never go together; but though love cannot be forced on anyone, It can be awakened in him through love itself. Love is essentially self communicative; Those who do not have it catch it from those who have it. True love is unconquerable and irresistible, And it goes on gathering power and spreading itself, Until eventually it transforms everyone whom it touches."

This is great.

“By thinking and imagining, one can never become one with God. Union is possible only after the death of thoughts and imagination — the mind must die."

This is untrue. An even higher form of God-Realization is realizing that Mind is God.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Oliver Wright Oh this is the guru that made a vow not to speak verbally, right?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@Leo Gura You wouldn't like him, Leo :D

In the mid-1960s Baba became concerned with the drug culture in the West and began correspondences with several Western academics, including Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert, in which he discouraged the use of hallucinogenic drugs for spiritual purposes.[92] In 1966 Baba's responses to questions on drugs were published in a pamphlet titled God in a Pill? Meher Baba stated that drug use was spiritually damaging and that if enlightenment were possible through drugs then "God is not worthy of being God".[93] Meher Baba instructed his young Western disciples to spread this message; in doing so, they increased awareness of Meher Baba's teachings. In an interview with Frederick Chapman, a Harvard graduate and Fulbright scholar who met Baba during a year of study in India, Baba described LSD as "harmful physically, mentally, and spiritually" and warned that "[its continued use] leads to madness or death".[94]

An anti-drug campaign was initiated by Baba lovers in the United States, Europe and Australia. The campaign was mostly futile,[95] but won Baba new followers, and some of Baba's views found their way into academic debate on the merits and dangers of hallucinogens.[96]

Have read 4 of his books including God Speaks + spent over a year and a half with a 'God-Man' of his caliber.

The real deal. You have struck Gold.

On 04/08/2023 at 5:56 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura You wouldn't like him, Leo :D

In the mid-1960s Baba became concerned with the drug culture in the West and began correspondences with several Western academics, including Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert, in which he discouraged the use of hallucinogenic drugs for spiritual purposes.[92] In 1966 Baba's responses to questions on drugs were published in a pamphlet titled God in a Pill? Meher Baba stated that drug use was spiritually damaging and that if enlightenment were possible through drugs then "God is not worthy of being God".[93] Meher Baba instructed his young Western disciples to spread this message; in doing so, they increased awareness of Meher Baba's teachings. In an interview with Frederick Chapman, a Harvard graduate and Fulbright scholar who met Baba during a year of study in India, Baba described LSD as "harmful physically, mentally, and spiritually" and warned that "[its continued use] leads to madness or death".[94]

An anti-drug campaign was initiated by Baba lovers in the United States, Europe and Australia. The campaign was mostly futile,[95] but won Baba new followers, and some of Baba's views found their way into academic debate on the merits and dangers of hallucinogens.[96]

I am yet to discover a being who is Selfless 24/7 who recommends psychedelics.

On 04/08/2023 at 3:22 PM, Leo Gura said:

This is great.

This is untrue. An even higher form of God-Realization is realizing that Mind is God.

Many beings like and including Meher Baba sometimes dumb their words down to resonate with a seeker from where they stand. It may appear they are making untruthful statements, buts its only for the benefit of the seeker.