LSD-Rumi

This is why eating Meat is not that healthy

31 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

only dumb people eat meat 

... and those past the green stage of spiral dynamics. Ohh look at the animals they're so cute, how can you eat them you monster!! What about 'their' suffering ?? 

Hey, if God didn't mean for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat...

1 hour ago, josemar said:

... and those past the green stage of spiral dynamics. Ohh look at the animals they're so cute, how can you eat them you monster!! What about 'their' suffering ?? 

Hey, if God didn't mean for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat...

"Tell me you don't understand stages of developement without telling me you don't understand stages of developement."

Edited by Uncompromising Sage

If you are going to eat meat, Its better to eat meat from animals that have seen sunlight and not animals from a factory.

I wonder why your body gets jacked after eating steaks when lifting weights, or can I get ripped with fruit diet also? 

Edited by D2sage

5 hours ago, josemar said:

... and those past the green stage of spiral dynamics.

Lol, that's right.

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

If you are going to eat meat, Its better to eat meat from animals that have seen sunlight and not animals from a factory.

I wonder why your body gets jacked after eating steaks when lifting weights, or can I get ripped with fruit diet also? 

It gets jacked because of the concentrated amounts of leucine (one of the BCAAs and rate-limiting steps to triggering muscle protein synthesis). A fruit diet will not render the same result(s), no.

31 minutes ago, Jason Actualization said:

It gets jacked because of the concentrated amounts of leucine (one of the BCAAs and rate-limiting steps to triggering muscle protein synthesis). A fruit diet will not render the same result(s), no.

So you think eating meat is necessary? Or is the BCAA from seeds and peanuts enough to do the job?

Its rare to see a buffed up vegan, thought.

Edited by D2sage

4 hours ago, D2sage said:

So you think eating meat is necessary? Or is the BCAA from seeds and peanuts enough to do the job?

Meat is necessary for optimality, yes, it is an irreplaceable (Impossible burgers are toxic attempts) linchpin.

Rare, indeed, aside from those using performance enhancing drugs.

10 hours ago, D2sage said:

It's definitely not "necessary" to eat meat for optimal health.
There is an individual component to it, meaning some people seem to do better with some form of animal product in their diet - but there are plenty of vegans and vegetarians who are doing great. There are a shitload of plant based athletes nowadays. I know many buffed vegans, including myself when I went vegan for a year. However, I enjoy eating meat too much ;)

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

39 minutes ago, Jason Actualization said:

Amazing man. What is your height, weight, and approximate body fat percentage currently?

Currently 6feet2" (187cm), around 87kg and I would guess around 15% body fat
As I mentioned, I havent been on a vegan diet for 5+ yeras, but I was way leaner back than because I took training and calorie intake much more seriously

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

21 minutes ago, undeather said:

Currently 6feet2" (187cm), around 87kg and I would guess around 15% body fat
As I mentioned, I havent been on a vegan diet for 5+ yeras, but I was way leaner back than because I took training and calorie intake much more seriously

Not bad man, nice work. There's definitely a lot of potential left physique-wise for you, but for general health, that's a good place to be.