kylan11

My gf is about to trip for the first time - need advice.

10 posts in this topic

Hey so, I've met this amazing woman whom I've been in a relationship with for almost a year now.

Since my spiritual awakening has been the most transformative and important experience of my life, I've always talked to her about psychedelics. She was very skeptical at first - what rational human wouldn't be? She has never used anything other than alcohol and weed. But opening myself to her about the egotistical, damaged and manipulative person I was prior to having that experience and how it transformed me has slowly changed her mind and now after many months of low-key lobbying (without in any way forcing her) she's ready to take this step.

I'm so happy since, although with her I've had the most extraordinary sober experiences of pure love I could ever imagine, not being able to really go deep into metaphysical and epistemological territory without feeling a sort of disconnect always felt somewhat limiting for me. 

My psychonaut journey taught me to start gentle and slow, so I was thinking 1 to 1.5 grams max of Golden Teacher mushrooms. She's a petite girl, 5'1' and skinny. Setting is a beautiful mountain, with some of her lifelong friends (about 5-6 of us in total) who will be tripping with her. I'll be the sitter.

I have a feeling that 5-6 people is too many when tripping, even in an optimal natural environment. Plus, I don't know any of them except my gf. Big no-no. This might make it uncomfortable for them, and in turn they may negatively influence my gf. I suspect she's prone to negative experiences - she told me that at one time during her adolescence she went into a catatonic state for an hour after just a few hits of weed. 

This so important to me and I don't want her to get scared off. I'm afraid that I won't be able to control the situation if it gets out of hand, even though the doses are low. Plus - I don't want to project my anxiety into the experience and ruin it. This means so much to me and I just want her to have an amazing time like I had when I first took mushrooms.

Should I call it off? What do you guys think?

Edited by kylan11

ofcourse, the sensitivity of people will increase drastically. Which means if something goes wrong with 1 , the vibrations will affects the others and you all might create hell for yourselves. Only do it with 1 person first time

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

5-6 of her lifelong friends is not a horrible idea just to dip her toes in if the doses stay LOW(no more than 1g & make sure it's not a super potent batch before hand / NO Penis Envy & No aborts that shit is strong). It's not a particularly good idea either. No serious work is gonna happen that's fosho. Chances that it'll be a negative experience increase with each friends you add.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

Scared off is part of the trip. But I know what you mean. 

As always she should start low. Maybe before the trip with Friends give her a Mini dose. 

Check for nausea. Some people need to vomit even with small samples

55 minutes ago, Rigel said:

5-6 of her lifelong friends is not a horrible idea just to dip her toes in if the doses stay LOW(no more than 1g & make sure it's not a super potent batch before hand / NO Penis Envy & No aborts that shit is strong). It's not a particularly good idea either. No serious work is gonna happen that's fosho. Chances that it'll be a negative experience increase with each friends you add.

I don't know. First time I've ever tripped was with 3 of my best friends (4 in total). 2.5g each, first time for all of us. And it was life-changing. But the thing is we all knew each other well and were totally comfortable around each other. I'm afraid that my presence will make things worse for everyone (except my gf, of course) and the dynamic can turn negative so quickly in that state. 

But then again, with 1g each they might just ignore me and have an amazing day full of laughter and presence. I'm not expecting them to have a God realization or anything, just gently introduce them to a higher state of Being.

Edited by kylan11

45 minutes ago, kylan11 said:

I don't know. First time I've ever tripped was with 3 of my best friends (4 in total). 2.5g each, first time for all of us. And it was life-changing. But the thing is we all knew each other well and were totally comfortable around each other. I'm afraid that my presence will make things worse for everyone (except my gf, of course) and the dynamic can turn negative so quickly in that state. 

But then again, with 1g each they might just ignore me and have an amazing day full of laughter and presence. I'm not expecting them to have a God realization or anything, just gently introduce them to a higher state of Being.

I never did mushrooms tbh, but i have seen vids of a bunch of people eating a lot of them and just laughing. So it's probably nothing compared to a low dose of lsd which will blow your mind, from what i have actually seen this might be safe to take in a group setting specially because it's a low dose.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Introduce yourself properly (days or weeks before the trip) so that everyone is comfortable with your presence. Otherwise, you can also just leave them or be much more outside the trip just checking now and then if they are okay.

They are just going to have fun, listen to some music and trip in nature. It's not heavy stuff, everything should be fine as long as doses are LOW.

1 hour ago, Jowblob said:

I never did mushrooms tbh, but i have seen vids of a bunch of people eating a lot of them and just laughing. So it's probably nothing compared to a low dose of lsd which will blow your mind, from what i have actually seen this might be safe to take in a group setting specially because it's a low dose.

Lol you definitely haven't done mushrooms.

Sailing on the ceiling 

1 minute ago, Rigel said:

Lol you definitely haven't done mushrooms.

I don't need to, my friends did mushrooms. They said lsd is way more powerfull when they did it, so i stick to lsd.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

1 minute ago, Jowblob said:

I don't need to, my friends did mushrooms. They said lsd is way more powerfull when they did it, so i stick to lsd.

Well they are full of shit. It's all in the dose.

Sailing on the ceiling