itsadistraction

Can the Truth be known?

12 posts in this topic

Can Truth/reality be known (through psychedelics or contemplation or yoga etc) or is it inherently mysterious and mystical?

Not as long as you keep speculating 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, itsadistraction said:

@Yimpa so can it be known or is it inherently mysterious? Which one? 

Both, depending on the context.

As a very basic example, if a family member finally reveals a secret that they’ve kept to themselves for over a decade. It was a mystery before, but now new information is known.

Once the mystery is revealed, your whole life changes pretty dramatically. Have you noticed this?!

Also, have you taken psychedelics before?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

19 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Once the mystery is revealed, your whole life changes pretty dramatically. Have you noticed this?!

25 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

As a very basic example, if a family member finally reveals a secret that they’ve kept to themselves for over a decade. It was a mystery before, but now new information is known.

Interesting, I've done heroic does of Shrooms which were great, but 5meo gives me flashbacks of anxiety even though I enjoyed the low dose trip for the most part. so I am not wanting to do it that again. Shrooms trip is too long for me to do it routinely. So I'm kinda of off psychedelics for now. 

24 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

3 hours ago, itsadistraction said:

Interesting, I've done heroic does of Shrooms which were great, but 5meo gives me flashbacks of anxiety even though I enjoyed the low dose trip for the most part. so I am not wanting to do it that again. Shrooms trip is too long for me to do it routinely. So I'm kinda of off psychedelics for now. 

Still a good practice to face your fears strategically even while not on psychedelics. That takes being real honest with yourself.

can be known and is very simple: infinite. but the only way to know it is to be it. you have to become infinite really. without leaving anything of apparent finiteness. you can intuit it, but if you want to know/be it, you have to die, or simulate to die with 5meo

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

As a very basic example, if a family member finally reveals a secret that they’ve kept to themselves for over a decade. It was a mystery before, but now new information is known

Yes but this is a partial truth, and the whole truth about your family can never be known. So can the whole truth ever be found? 

32 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

Yes but this is a partial truth, and the whole truth about your family can never be known. So can the whole truth ever be found? 

That’s why I said basic example. There are an infinite more things you can discover. 

The whole truth? Perhaps you want to discover that you’re imagining everything. If that’s your goal.

maybe ask chat-gpt

have never asked a person a question but get along great with chat-gpt 

no matter how dumb i am