deamordeamar

Do you literally not exist outside of everything that I think about you?

4 posts in this topic

Leo, regarding your last quote on the blog, I want to face the truth as much as I can, even if, for now, it's just theoretical. I can't do more than that right now for survival purposes, but I'm strategically directing my life towards a place where I could go all in.

I imagine you saying that quote, right? And the quote is true, but not from your perspective because you exist only in my imagination. It is true from my perspective. I am imagining myself as this finite self, and I'm imagining that this self is thinking about you, reading your blog, etc.

Is it correct that if I were awake I would say: "I am so conscious that I understand that Leo, saying that his mother is imaginary, is just imaginary. And also my finite self is just imaginary"?

Do you literally not exist outside of everything that I think about you?

Everything exist inside imagination except for the one imagining. You are inside imagination to me and I'm outside I'm inside imagination to you and you are outside. But you can never know if I'm outside so it defaults to only you.

Edited by Hojo

For reference, here is the quote OP is referring to.

To be AWAKE is to understand that ALL humans are imaginary. I am so conscious that I understand that my own mother is imaginary. And I have a very loving mother. But I absolutely did imagine her. That's simply how powerful the mind is. To be AWAKE is to clearly see that MIND is all-powerful. Simply because there is nothing outside your MIND. Your entire childhood is imaginary. YEAH! That's how insane AWAKENING is. Anyone who's not AWAKE would reasonably regard it as insanity. That's not a bug, that's a feature.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

ALL things are substantially the same.

The way real is defined in different mystic traditions can vary. As an example, some traditions define real only as something which is forever unchanging. Other traditions consider everything real. Others consider things simultaneously real and unreal. There are various tales to illustrate these different outlooks.

Depending on how you think about real, the answer to your question will differ. For example, if you are to take anything which comes and goes as unreal, then even your own self is unreal since there is no element of you which doesn't change. Your body changes, emotions change, thoughts change. There is only the single real element of "Brahman" so to speak, the unchanging element. Which you would think of as "consciousness" probably.

My life and your life are substantially nothing other than Brahman, even though we may live separate lives and be having different experiences from each other right now. The idea is to release identification from the self, so recognize your reality is beyond the mind and body of the human you think you are. The person is an appearance WITHIN you. Both you and me are appearances within what we both refer to as "I".