Schizophonia

Dopamine things make me sleepy

8 posts in this topic

I've been severely insomniac for a year, nothing works except benzodiazepines but I refuse to take that yet. As of today, I haven't slept in three days, and yet I'm still in a sort of aggressive wired state.

I've noticed that anything that increases dopamine (or noradrenaline, how do you know) puts me in a particularly strong state of torpor instead of stimulating me.

-Sexual excitement tires me, when the excitement rises I almost give up the idea of fap because I'm always suddenly hit by a feeling of tiredness where I particularly want to sleep.
Once the orgasm is reached I am actually stimulated.

-When I smoke a cigarette or vape nicotine (cigarette is stronger because of the MAOIs), it "torpedoes" me to the point where I just want to lie down thinking about nothing, and even sleep.

-Dissociatives are actually stimulating for most people, obviously it makes me very sleepy.

-LSD makes me tired too, it's still physically stimulating, in a way, but I literally can't do anything except lay down and curl up in bed.

What could explain this?

For now my main theory is that dopamine actually calms the HPA axis by suppressing the "fry or fight" state of the vagus nerve, giving abundance info.
I suffer from loneliness, I noticed that my insomnia was much worse when I no longer saw anyone, regardless of the apparent stress.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

How does food affect you? For me junk food it’s this one thing that puts me in a pleasant state, sugar in particular does something special to my state that nothing else I’ve tried does  independent of it tasty or not 

Edited by Sugarcoat

Sounds like there is something deeper going on which is not going to be fixed by HPA axis manipulation. 

Are you struggling with consequences of past or recent trauma? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Are you struggling with consequences of past or recent trauma? 

Lmao 

I don't think we can speak of a "trauma".

I have literally spent my entire life at best constantly brooding in solitude, at worst literally swimming in HUGE levels of stress.
Fortunately everything has gradually improved and I currently feel relatively well apart from this problem of insomnia.
Maybe a little too lonely and bored, but that will change.

I think I have mild ADHD or something, I think I have mild ADHD or something, people with ADHD have weird reactions to "stimulants".

38 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I have literally spent my entire life at best constantly brooding in solitude, at worst literally swimming in HUGE levels of stress.
Fortunately everything has gradually improved and I currently feel relatively well apart from this problem of insomnia.
Maybe a little too lonely and bored, but that will change.

I think despite all that lone-wolf bs on the internet, most people don't benefit from solitude. Sometimes, sure but not always. 

You could be the most developed person on the planet but that constant loneliness just can't be good for your mental wellbeing. I'd say working on gaining some social experience would go a long way. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 27/06/2023 at 3:57 PM, Michael569 said:

I think despite all that lone-wolf bs on the internet, most people don't benefit from solitude. Sometimes, sure but not always. 

You could be the most developed person on the planet but that constant loneliness just can't be good for your mental wellbeing. I'd say working on gaining some social experience would go a long way. 

agree

On 6/27/2023 at 1:14 AM, Schizophonia said:

I've been severely insomniac for a year, nothing works except benzodiazepines but I refuse to take that yet. As of today, I haven't slept in three days, and yet I'm still in a sort of aggressive wired state.

My biggest regret was not taking benzodiazepines or an anti-anxiety medication to reset the system. When you dont get sleep for a few nights in a row the anxiety and stress gets worse and worse and it becomes harder and harder to sleep each night, its best to take something to help on day 3+ to just get back to baseline and reset the system. 

Taking something once or twice a month during extreme events is a good strategy.

In this situation the cons of benzos is out weight by the cons of not sleeping.

I agree that dependency is a bad idea, im saying be strategic. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?