Brandon L

Leo do you still do holotropic breathing?

4 posts in this topic

Besides all the psychedelics you've done, do you do holotropic breathing at all? @Leo Gura

I'm going to start doing it and my aim is at least 30 minutes to an hour. Hell, even if I get to two hours that would be great but it's extremely difficult.

Combine with a microdose of something like LSD or a small amount of weed for best results..

And even without that you can get into some great states if you're consistent enough.

Edited by Michal__

Honestly 30 minutes to 1 hour as a starter is quite difficult. Holotropic breathing is quite physically taxing to do, though of course that's part of the benefit.

Also I don't know if I'm altering the technique too much by suggesting this, but I really recommend doing breath holds every 30 breaths or so. After the exhale and before the inhale, hold for as long as you can comfortably. This will be the most zen part of your holotropic breathing. Then, inhale and hold for 15 seconds or so.

@thenondualtankie have you tried both? better to go 30 minutes straight and then do a breath hold it's more intense. Breath holds are nice for enjoying where you've gotten but they undo the work you've done. I think it defeats the purpose to go back and forth for so long when you can trip from 30 min straight