Beeflamb

Losing emotional connection with family

4 posts in this topic

This is somewhat sad but something I have realized is that if a family member were to die I wouldn't really feel much emotionally. I feel as though I've gotten so detatched from my feelings and emotions that I feel somewhat numb about everything. Does anyone else feel this way?

would you want to get back in touch with them im really close with my family as i never fitted in with the area i grew up, its not to late to pick up the phone, be the bigger person 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

That's okay. No worries. My brother doesn't even want to meet for I dunno what fault. We havent meet for 3 years and he plans to stay that way. 

Basically, we are not only not families. He treats me like an enemy. Life goes on bro.

I can definitely relate, unfortunately. :( There's often a lot of lingering anger and resentment between family members, and if there's one thing I've learnt from observing my own inner state, it's that that sort of negativity tends to harden the heart, which makes us feel numb and disconnected. It's something that's been a huge issue for me personally, I've worked a lot on re-establishing a connection with my body and emotions but I still find it really tough, and it affects my relationships with others in such a profound way. :( 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan