Hardkill

Joe Biden isn't getting nearly enough credit for everything he has achieved

6 posts in this topic

Last year, I asked on this forum what Biden has accomplished so far as president: 

I thought that the responses from some of the people on that thread include Leo himself, had some very good responses to my question. Plus, at that time, Biden and Congress had already passed both the American Rescue Plan, which was a $1.9 trillion stimulus package, and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, which was the largest infrastructure bill/largest public works bill ever passed since 1956, when Eisenhower and the 84th Congress has passed the Interstate Highway Act. 

Furthermore, this was all before Biden and the Democrats actually ended up passing an amazing slew of additional significant bills that lead to much further change in domestic policy on a national level. In fact, top US historian, Allan Lichtman, has even said that Biden has already accomplished a greater record in domestic policy change legislatively than any president since the 1960s. What's even more impressive is that Biden achieved all of these historic pieces of legislation during his first 2 years as president, even when back then not only did he and his party only have razor thin majorities in both chambers of Congress, but also were legislating during the most politically polarized period ever in US history since the Civil War or the Gilded Ages.

Plus, through executive orders alone, he has already made the most improvement on racial equity than any president since LBJ. Additionally, he became the very first president ever to both pardon Americans serving prison time on federal simple marijuana possession charges and to direct a review of marijuana scheduling. Furthermore, he has reversed many of the bad Trump admin policies with executive orders.

Moreover, he has presided over arguably the fastest economic recovery in perhaps all of US history and over the strongest post-pandemic recovery of any major economy, including the creation of 13m jobs – more than any president has created in an entire four-year term – and the lowest unemployment for half a century. Plus, Biden was the western leader who was primarily responsible for reuniting the entire NATO coalition in order to best support Ukraine defend itself against Russia. Because of Biden's leadership, Russia has for well over a year been unable to defeat and takeover Ukraine. Also, Biden was the one who finally ended the War in Afghanistan.

The media, except for MSNBC and some progressive outlets that give balanced views, have done a really bad job of covering all of Biden's really great successes.

Edited by Hardkill

Oh, another thing that Biden also absolutely deserves positive credit for, is his administration's impressive management of COVID in America. If it wasn't for the highly competent job that the Biden administration did with getting us through this horrific viral pandemic during his first two years as president, then so many more people in the US would been hospitalized and/or died from COVID unnecessarily. His administration probably also significantly contributed to what seems to now be the end of the global pandemic phase or the global emergency phase of COVID-19 for good.

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I don't know. I think any average prisdent could have done what Biden did and more without falling on his head everynow and then. Biden is so mediocre dude.

We praise Biden out of fear of Trump or other right wing stupid candidates.

What makes you think that other past presidents since Lyndon B. Johnson like Obama or Clinton or Bush 1 or Bush 2 or Reagan or Carter or Nixon or Ford or Trump could have done better than Biden? 

After everything I just posted, including the video interview with that top historian on his assessment of Biden, how has everything that Biden has achieved as president not been like an Obama 2.0 and better?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill You know what, I take back all I said about Biden. I am not well informed to talk about him. It is just his lack of charisma and vitality that kills me. 50% of politics is how you present yourself and Biden fails at this part. So no matter what he did, he will sadly be looked down upon.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Trump's operation "warp-speed" allowed Biden to push the vaccine in America and the rest of the world.  If you are going to give Biden credit on his handling of the pandemic then Trump deserves at portion of the credit you are giving to Biden.