Chrissy j

How Many Hours A Week Am I Going To Need To Work?

6 posts in this topic

To really make this work how far do I need to go? Like say if I wanted to make it mainstream in music? I couldn't imagine it being lower then like 60 hours a week to be honest. And I don't want to be a workaholic. I need time for all the other things in life. And for self development and learning. How will I become a sage working that much? Any good tactics for actualizating my life purpose and life in regards to time put in?  And also any good tactics for keeping my creativity high and for being creative? Especially with that many hours of work? That will be draining. Thanks

Edited by MochaSlap
Typo

Serious answer:

What's the rush?

The best way to go about it is to take your time.  If you have an hour to spare each day then do an hour a day for the next month or so.  Something that you can cope with.

An hour a day = 365 hours in the year.

Now if you feel like you can ramp it up to 2 hours a day, then commit to doing it for 2 hours a day.

2 hours a day = 730 hours a year

We all know that 10,000 hours is the mastery mark. (or so they say)  So doing 3 hours a day for 9-10 years will get you to that mark.  The trick with starting to do 30 - 60 hours a week is that you're gonna burn yourself out.  Now if you have a bunch of free time during the day to afford doing 30 - 60 hours a week then go for it.  However I'd still take it in gradual steps.

I found myself burnt out doing 5 hours a day for 5 days of the week when I first found my Life Purpose. (I was too excited)  The following week I ended up doing nothing.  I eventually decided to do it gradually as I realized that I had plenty of years to get the hang of my LP.  I'm not planning on dying anytime soon.  No rush.  Also I hope that within a month or two (if I still have the time during the day) that it can get back to doing 5 hours a day..and increase it slowly from there.  Not everyone is the same though so it might be a different story for you.

Best of luck man. :D

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

@Evilwave Heddy True. Set a strong work habit and you can even do 12hrs/day consistently if you've got serious deadlines to meet.

I know because I'm doing that right now.

But it took 3 years to build up to this. Either way go as fast as humanly possible but also don't expect to go from 0hrs/day to 12 if your mind isn't conditioned to sustain that.

Edited by Beyond Words
Improved comment