iceprincess

how to restore gut microbiome after antibiotics

5 posts in this topic

I had a lunch infection and my doctor prescribed me 250mg of azithromycin to be taken for a week. what are some things I can implement to restore my gut back to normal and increase gut diversity?

Damage done in a week can probably be fully restored within 6-12 months. 

Loading up on some probiotic foods, high-fibre carbohydrates, different variety of vegetables and mushrooms and even a double round of some strong wide-diversity probiotics would be a good starting strategy. 

Other things you can do is spend more time outdoors, being in contact with animals, other people, gardening (if you have that availability) and basically coming in contact with new surfaces, especially the earth and soil. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@iceprincess Antibiotic for a week is nothing. You probably need to take antibiotics for months before your microbiome get destroyed.

eat a lot of different kinds of plants,

especially fermented food,

i like sauerkraut :)

By taking probiotics. Make sure you take saccharomyces boulardii as this is the one that lays the foundation for all the others to build on, if I understand correctly