Someone here

How we have free will -free will explained

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

No .there are no exceptions. It's all or nothing . You either have zero control over your life including everything even meditation. Or you have 100% control over everything. 

What I'm suggesting is that BOTH are true. Depending on your self-definition. 

Did you listen to Leo's clip? 

absolute is the middle way not the extreme, it programmed me to do everything for my own betterment except in one tiny instance and in that one tiny instance is my freedom to say yes or no

if there wasn't that one tiny slither of free will, the absolute's dream would be predictibly uninteresting

the absolute knows how every portion of the dream acts save one case, the machine gets to either fold or hold and most times i have held

to meditate is me folding my hand and making my way home

Edited by gettoefl

45 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because god is everything. And is infinite. Therefore his will is infinite. There is nothing outside of God to tell it how it should be .God is the ultimate existential authority. 

But if he is infinite, he cannot be something and not the opposite of it. If he is infinite, he then needs to be both that which has free will, and also the opposite of it. Infinite, in the sense of being absolutely infinite, means being transcendent to all qualities, one of which being that which has free will. God cannot be one thing and not the other, but in your experience he might be known as that which has free will as your knowing of it. 

Edited by Vibroverse

3 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

But if he is infinite, he cannot be something and not the opposite of it. 

False.  Its only because its infinite..that it can be downright any fucking thing it wants .

If he is infinite, he then needs to be both that which has free will, and also the opposite of it.

Free will =infinity . Infinity is synonymous with freedom. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

But if he is infinite, he cannot be something and not the opposite of it. If he is infinite, he then needs to be both that which has free will, and also the opposite of it. Infinite, in the sense of being absolutely infinite, means being transcendent to all qualities, one of which being that which has free will. God cannot be one thing and not the other, but in your experience he might be known as that which has free will as your knowing of it. 

Infinity means also, that there are some things that will never be reached or exist.

One thing, that will never exist, is a universe without love. It's not just infinity. It's a deliberate way of infinity we find ourselves in. Love is prior to truth, infinity, councioussness and gives them their inherent logic. Of course you need to work through truth, infinity and councioussness to understand love and then to be love, give love, receive love. We are first and foremost love, but still start as humans. 

Whats truth without love? Whats infinity without love? Whats councioussness without love? An unimaginable world, because it's not possible.

The absolute is beyond dualities. People try to understand it conceptually, but they can't grok paradox. Philosophers beat their heads bloody against the nameless door and it never yields. It is mystery to the mind, and can only be directly realized.

The absolute is attributeless, but it is beyond time, space, finity, matter, and change. To see deeper than dualities, you have to withdraw the senses and directly realize what you actually are.

It's nonsense, and it's true.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.