Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Trt yes or no

12 posts in this topic

I‘m not really thinking about it seriously yet. I‘m always looking for ways to decrease anxiety and improve confidence though. Also less fatigue.

Has any body successfully done for better mental health and more energy?

It's okay if you REALLY have symptoms of hypogonadism. (no libido, erectile dysfunction, crying regulary...)

Otherwise even with monstrous amounts of testosterone in the blood you will not turn into a hulk, even very powerful steroids in high doses (like derivatives of 19-nor-testosterone, halotestin) are more likely to make you stupid and excessively aggressive for no reason other than to make you more confident and less anxious.
You should also inject HCG to avoid testicular atrophy and accompanying azospermia, and because stopping the HPTA axis without HCG will reduce your DHEA/Prognenolone to 0 and decrease your adrenal function.

Avoid making such decisions on the sole account of certainly entirely mental insecurities if you do not want to end up with REAL problems in the end. I always had very good testosterone and yet I was quite anxious and inhibited. If your testosterone is average (like 400-600 ng/dl) you can easily increase it to the upper end of the range with b vitamins, very good diet, weight training, good sleep etc.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

It's okay if you REALLY have symptoms of hypogonadism. (no libido, erectile dysfunction, crying regulary...)

Otherwise even with monstrous amounts of testosterone in the blood you will not turn into a hulk, even very powerful steroids in high doses (like derivatives of 19-nor-testosterone, halotestin) are more likely to make you stupid and excessively aggressive for no reason other than to make you more confident and less anxious.
You should also inject HCG to avoid testicular atrophy and accompanying azospermia, and because stopping the HPTA axis without HCG will reduce your DHEA/Prognenolone to 0 and decrease your adrenal function.

Avoid making such decisions on the sole account of certainly entirely mental insecurities if you do not want to end up with REAL problems in the end. I always had very good testosterone and yet I was quite anxious and inhibited. If your testosterone is average (like 400-600 ng/dl) you can easily increase it to the upper end of the range with b vitamins, very good diet, weight training, good sleep etc.

Well thanks for your input. Inhave normal libido and don‘t cry often. Inwas listening to some psyched substance episodes and it seems it helped him the trt. He was even less anxious while tripping on acid. 
About the „get good sleep“ that‘s easy to tell somebody who‘s not a great sleeper like me ??

It is a life long commitment, no going back.

BUT, i would consider it and will probably use it when i am in my 40's.

On 12/06/2023 at 4:30 AM, Recursoinominado said:

It is a life long commitment, no going back.

BUT, i would consider it and will probably use it when i am in my 40's.

You can leave TRT whenever you want and quickly regain your normal testosterone levels, maximum a few months if your testicles are atrophied but the gnRh returns immediately. Fertility (certoli cells) takes longer to recover.
There are eventually bodybuilders who become hypogonadal and depressed after long courses, but this happens because excessively potent steroids or even SARMS induce additional oxidative stress in the leydig cells and even the pituitary glands.
Some like nandrolone even have inactive metabolites anyway but that will act like SARMS and more or less block the recovery of the gonadotropic axis.

The real problem with trt is the side effects and uselessness if you're not hypogonadal, which OP seems to be.

Edited by Schizophonia

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

You can leave TRT whenever you want and quickly regain your normal testosterone levels, maximum a few months if your testicles are atrophied but the gnRh returns immediately. Fertility (certoli cells) takes longer to recover.
There are eventually bodybuilders who become hypogonadal and depressed after long courses, but this happens because excessively potent steroids or even SARMS induce additional oxidative stress in the leydig cells and even the pituitary glands.
Some like nandrolone even have inactive metabolites anyway but that will act like SARMS and more or less block the recovery of the gonadotropic axis.

The real problem with trt is the side effects and uselessness if you're not hypogonadal, which OP seems to be.

TRT is a long process, probably for life.

Taking exogenous testosterone for over a year will make very hard to go back to naturally produce it.

Bodybuilders (or anyone) take steroids in cycles, 4-12 weeks and rest.

TRT isn't a cycle, it is continuous and long term. 

Do you exercise? How many times a week and how hard? 

Do you eat carbohydrates? Sufficient amount? 

Sleep's okay?

Because it might improve all those things you mentioned.

Not to mention if indeed suboptimal testosterone is the issue (excluding conditions like hypogonadism), resistance training, eating enough carbohydrates, correcting sleep and managing stress decently enough may just be enough to fix that.

I'm yet to see anything in the supplemental or herbal word that's any better than taking sugar pills (long term)

It's kinda dumb and simplistic but from my experience the most basic strategies are the most underutilized ones

TRT is certainly an option but I'd leave it as a last resort where everything else has failed and where levels are so low that they are now increasing your risk of CVD

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 13/06/2023 at 9:20 PM, Recursoinominado said:

Taking exogenous testosterone for over a year will make very hard to go back to naturally produce it.

Even after a year, if you stop you will experience testicular pain due to Leydig cell hypertrophy and you will return to normal testosterone levels within a few weeks, possibly a few months maximum you the atrophy is severe.
People stay for life on TRT purely and simply because they are people who have genetically a secondary hypogonadism.

Also, what I said above is true if your testicles have been atrophied.
If you have protected your testicles with HCG (and possibly HMG) then the gonadotropic axis returns relatively immediately, because the gnRH impulses return as soon as the pituitary gland is depleted of estrogen (among other metabolites, to a lesser extent).
Anyway, as I said before, you have to add HCG to TRT for many reasons.

On 14.6.2023 at 7:09 AM, Michael569 said:

Do you exercise? How many times a week and how hard? 

Do you eat carbohydrates? Sufficient amount? 

Sleep's okay?

Because it might improve all those things you mentioned.

Not to mention if indeed suboptimal testosterone is the issue (excluding conditions like hypogonadism), resistance training, eating enough carbohydrates, correcting sleep and managing stress decently enough may just be enough to fix that.

I'm yet to see anything in the supplemental or herbal word that's any better than taking sugar pills (long term)

It's kinda dumb and simplistic but from my experience the most basic strategies are the most underutilized ones

TRT is certainly an option but I'd leave it as a last resort where everything else has failed and where levels are so low that they are now increasing your risk of CVD

I mostly stopped exercising because of chronic fatigue and post exercise malaise. Started doing some yoga recently though.

i eat enough carbs

sleep often isn‘t great. I‘m a light sleeper and often find it hard to go to sleep

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I mostly stopped exercising because of chronic fatigue and post exercise malaise. Started doing some yoga recently though.

i eat enough carbs

sleep often isn‘t great. I‘m a light sleeper and often find it hard to go to sleep

Go to a lab and test: T4, T3, TSH, Prolactin, Testosterone, estradiol.

Maybe your numbers are good but you are a bit depressed and anxious due to social isolation, stress, a history of malnutrition etc.

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Go to a lab and test: T4, T3, TSH, Prolactin, Testosterone, estradiol.

Maybe your numbers are good but you are a bit depressed and anxious due to social isolation, stress, a history of malnutrition etc.

I tested a few yrs ago. Not sure about the numbers but the doc said he expected testo to be lower. Maybe i should test again.

Stress definitely is an issue but i think it‘s some kind of adrenal fatigue, overactive amygdala etc. Not sure how to heal that and i still have to function in the world.

You better have a very healthy physique before even considering it. Have you lifted consistently with sufficient volume+intensity+frequency to make steady progress for at least a year? Is your bodyfat % below 15? You can’t really expect to have high testosterone if you haven’t at least done that. Remember the hard life is the easy life in the end.