Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theprofessional

Questions about Leo’s video “How to escape wage slavery”

7 posts in this topic

I’ve watched and taken notes on that video a few times, it’s a great video. But I have a few questions:

He says the best way of escaping wage slavery is to achieve mastery in a field you are passionate about and become a massive value provider in society, which society will then pay you for.

However, he also says that if you first achieve financial independence, it will free up a lot of your time to work on your passions.

Huh? So, which one is it? Should I have the goal of achieving financial independence, maybe by working in marketing and stuff for a bunch of years, or should I have the goal of becoming a master in something, which will then result in me getting financial independence?

You can do both.

The question is, do you want financial freedom or do you want to have a passion/Life Purpose.

Being financially free entails that you are "free" from wage slavery and have time for whatever you like. However, it doesn't mean that you are aligned with what you do and live a meaningful life.

Having a passion/Life Purpose entails that you are aligned with what you do and can live a happy / meaningful life. However, it doesn't mean that you are financially free and have escaped wage slavery.

Those are two different qualities.

@universe wait so you CAN do both, or do you have to pick one or the other? This is what I’m confused about.

In my experience it's hard to do both at once, if you don't already have some capital/support. If you need a guaranteed income it's often a different path at first to engage with some job/trade/business that more or less guarantees it but isn't totally your "passion project" if that makes sense.

Don't overlook the peace that financial well being alone can bring you. And then you have a solid foundation to build other things if you desired to.

There are exceptions of course.. but those are not generally the common cases.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

13 minutes ago, Realms of Wonder said:

In my life it has been pursuing both...

1. A career change that leads to more income, and freedom of time.
  2. Life purpose: Leading to Long term, big picture, complete financial independence.

I can see it being challenging to do one without the other.

I am doing this too, but the problem I see is that I feel anger and sad of spending most of the hours of the day  in 1. which is something I don´t like and I do only for the money. The craving for the second one is huge.