Mesopotamian

Too Much Freedom Isn't Always The Best

7 posts in this topic

In the past, I used to complain about my well-known situation. However, I have come to realize that having excessive freedom is not always the ideal state to be in.

When we have too much freedom, it becomes challenging to establish a disciplined routine. It's worth mentioning that I am beginning to appreciate Jordan Peterson's teachings, and I am grateful for the way they appear on my TikTok feed. I would also like to express my gratitude to Leo for creating a special video about him.

Nevertheless, there are deeper reasons why having less freedom can be beneficial, particularly in terms of how we engage with the world.

As a child, we are surrounded by layers of protection, interacting with the world through buffers. We don't bear the responsibilities of paying rent or bills directly, and there are people who take care of these tasks for us. We don't buy groceries or cook our own meals, among other things.

However, as adults, we are compelled to find our own place in this world. Yet, I have come to realize that it is better not to have rigid plans or pretend that we have everything under control, knowing exactly what we should be doing in our lives. We are not wiser than a higher power, so we should release the urgency to have all the answers, at least for a while.

Learning how to interact with the world without buffers takes time, and it cannot be accomplished if we are fixated on a particular goal or driven by ambition. Who are we to assume that we know how to navigate this from the very beginning or even after multiple attempts?

We must recognize that our place in this world is already reserved; we do not need to search for it ourselves. If we allow it, the universe or a higher power will guide us.

The most effective approach to implementing this strategy is to put ourselves in situations that do not directly serve our ambitions or ego. Engaging in activities for the sheer sake of enjoyment can be enlightening. Letting the universe guide us until we find our designated place is key.

Living with minimal resources, avoiding unnecessary travel, and opting for second-hand items are all viable options. In fact, nowadays, you can find free items listed on the internet or abandoned on sidewalks. The rest of our time should be dedicated to engaging in activities that do not directly serve our ambitions. Volunteering, joining a cause, or organizing meetings for others are all examples.

A clear indication of success in this path is when people around us begin to genuinely respect and care for us.

Lastly, we should strive to continuously expand our knowledge and understanding.

In conclusion, discovering our place in this world is not achieved through deliberate seeking, but by relinquishing some control and allowing the universe to guide us to our destined spot.

[Edited by ChatGPT to be re-written in a better language]

Edited by Mesopotamian

Excessive amounts of freedom can be used for the unequaled gift of excessive amounts of boredom, the consequence of which is destined to bring anyone back to their nature and back to a similar state of mind to that of the vast majority of our human ancestors, where narratives are again found to matter and being born not out of fancy but instead necessity.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

The point of freedom is to use it to allow yourself to commit to -- and pursue like a motherfucker -- your top values.

Freedom is not for sitting around playing games and jerking off. Freedom is about being free to be highly creative in the way that is most meaningful to you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You sometimes hint that life-purpose can be even a materialistic product, or a mastering a skill, and the way you depict it is that you need to get that sort of mastery, then the world is going to open-up its arms for you, integrate you, and purchase your product or service at a great price, all that while doing something you do like.

But how would it look like when you don't have enough freedom to become creative?

I wasn't allowed to become creative myself, however sitting here where I am, with less rights as a citizen, I kinda feel there's a divine element involved in the process. There's some sort of peace when you give up some control and ride the wave, be OK with less and see where that might leads you.

Top values should always be Truth/Love anyways. @Leo Gura

7 hours ago, Mesopotamian said:

Top values should always be Truth/Love anyways.

That's far too vague. You need to articulate what those values mean for your life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo is 100% on this on. 

Freedom is immensely valuable, if you can use it well. Some people need to be sheeps because they are worse off with freedom. It’s actually better for them to be told what to do and how to think. 

Lions, however, take their freedom and create with it. They don’t take it for granted and use it to do incredible things. 

It all comes down to discipline and meaning