PataFoiFoi

Is physical Pain controllable?

6 posts in this topic

Most of emotional pain or suffering is in the mind due attachment and can be overcome counter intuitively. How about physical pain like getting kicked to nuts or more extreme surgery without anasthesia or even getting burned alive like some monks do?

There is a state of deep immersion, which Ramana Maharshi calls internal samadhi, which is beyond physical sensation. External samadhi enhances the senses, without losing awareness within them.

External samadhi is holding on to the reality while witnessing the world, without reacting to it from within. There is the stillness of a waveless ocean. The internal samadhi involves loss of body-consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I think you can. Its just mind control. I watched a doc of one of the monk getting surgery without any aids and was fully concious but he was just laying there

1 hour ago, PataFoiFoi said:

How about physical pain like getting kicked to nuts or more extreme surgery without anasthesia or even getting burned alive like some monks do?

Some people, like myself, are highly sensitive. So even a minor wound will be like hell to me.

Control is the issue here. You imagine that you have to give those sensations 100% of your attention, when in reality you don’t. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Some people, like myself, are highly sensitive. So even a minor wound will be like hell to me.

Control is the issue here. You imagine that you have to give those sensations 100% of your attention, when in reality you don’t. 

I don't know why but I like the pain. I am not at all a fan of BDSM or this kind of bizarre practice, but sometimes, if there were no health and physical risks, I would have liked to scarify myself. The intensity and its interest goes beyond the avoidance reflex, a bit like drinking a strong whiskey, if you know what I mean.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia Haha! Reminds me of a scar that formed after a car crash I was in a couple months ago. 

Interestingly, the scar no longer exists on my finger. I originally assumed it’d be there permanently ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI